Requests

Forums: Requests
Sub forum for feature requests etc

Moderator: aoktar

Requests

Postby ChrisAngelius » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:19 am

ChrisAngelius Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:19 am
Output node in the node editor. Similar to Arnold, so you can connect things like the dirt node to the material output to see it on your object alone to tweak it. Can be difficult to get the settings of some nodes right without seeing them alone. Currently piping it into the diffuse of materials to tweak it, but would be quite helpful if there was a way to solo a node to output.

Random value node that can change aspects of a material at random. Example, I'm currently using a gradient to control the mix value of two materials, the first material is a glow and the second material is a glossy. This makes the tip of my object glow as it grows on. There's a seed value in the gradient, but I have no means of controlling it via nodes or otherwise, so every material I apply it to is exactly the same. As such, I've had to duplicate the mix material a dozen times and adjust the seed value. Would be quite useful if there was a means of applying randomness to materials via a node. I understand this may not be possible.

Additional gradient controls like those found in the Cinema4D gradient, likewise more noise options for Octane noise like the standard cinema noise. For the life of me I couldn't figure out a way to animate and loop octane noise at a reasonable speed. Cinema noise allows you to set a loop interval which would be an amazing feature in Octane noise.
ChrisAngelius
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Requests

Postby Goldorak » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:17 am

Goldorak Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:17 am
I think a lot of this may be handled with the 3.08 release. This will introduce OSL procedurals (most powerful feature ever added to Octane IMHO). Also, have you tested the new "User defined instance ID" feature in 3.07?
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby aoktar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 am

aoktar Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 am
Solo mode is now testing on my development version. It's like switching to diffuse filter mode of info kernel and plus just giving pure diffuse output from activated material.
Attachments
a1.jpg
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby ChrisAngelius » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:29 am

ChrisAngelius Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:29 am
aoktar wrote:Solo mode is now testing on my development version. It's like switching to diffuse filter mode of info kernel and plus just giving pure diffuse output from activated material.

Awesome, that's super helpful. Thanks Aoktar.
ChrisAngelius
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ChrisAngelius » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:33 am

ChrisAngelius Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:33 am
Goldorak wrote:I think a lot of this may be handled with the 3.08 release. This will introduce OSL procedurals (most powerful feature ever added to Octane IMHO). Also, have you tested the new "User defined instance ID" feature in 3.07?

Sounds good Goldorak, haven't tried user defined instance ID, can't find any links to documentation about it, can you point me in the right direction?
ChrisAngelius
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:12 am

bepeg4d Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:12 am
Hi ChrisAngelius,
the new ID instance option will be in a next version of plugin, for now, you can play with it in Standalone 3.07 test 3:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=62636
Since it's a new testing feature, there is not yet a documentation, but you can find some useful info in the new features 3.07 discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=62395
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to User requests