ok i understand.
fuchsundvogel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: ******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********

Postby DinoMuhic » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:34 pm

DinoMuhic Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:34 pm
Hey Aoktar,

could you implement a feature, which marks materials, which are used in Mixed Materials? Because at the moment, when you open a material you cant say if its being used inside a mix material or not.

And 2nd request: Could make the same for nodes? Sometimes nodes are being used across multiple materials. But opening one material in the node editor, you dont know if the node is being used in another material. For example you want to delete it because it seems not to be useful and then something in another material changes and you dont know what happened.
DinoMuhic
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby zinogino » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:08 am

zinogino Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:08 am
Hi aoktar, I know that the team behind Octane has done a really great job so far and I'm loving it. However I was wondering if it could be possible to implement a system where we can see the roughness,specular/metalic, and diffuse channel in the Liew Viewer? Kinda like what Substance Painter has?
zinogino
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Oleg » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:24 am

Oleg Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:24 am
Hi Aoktar, I have a question concerning render passes and compositing — C4D may save *.aec file with all the passes you choose and when you import *.aec into AE you actually get all the passes in one comp in the right order from top to bottom and all blends perfectly. I suppose C4D can't see render passes from Octane, but anyway — is that possible to make Octane save passes to *.aec file? Because it would be a great time saver
Oleg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DinoMuhic » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:35 am

DinoMuhic Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:35 am
DinoMuhic wrote:Hey Aoktar,

could you implement a feature, which marks materials, which are used in Mixed Materials? Because at the moment, when you open a material you cant say if its being used inside a mix material or not.

And 2nd request: Could make the same for nodes? Sometimes nodes are being used across multiple materials. But opening one material in the node editor, you dont know if the node is being used in another material. For example you want to delete it because it seems not to be useful and then something in another material changes and you dont know what happened.

Possibile? Pretty please? :D
DinoMuhic
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:08 pm

aoktar Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:08 pm
Be sure that i'm checking all requests. I'll take some of them when i'm looking new features. Of course if they are possible to do. Thanks for all advices and ideas.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Polygons » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:21 pm

Polygons Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:21 pm
Feature request: I have dozens of complex materials in this scene which take some time to generate when sending to Live View. I have all these objects and materials in layers like this http://i.imgur.com/8GnDzUJ.png

When layers are completely muted and disabled, Octane is still generating the materials despite them not being applied to anything that shows up in LV. If i had an option to ignore materials in muted layers, it would save me a lot of waiting.

P.S : Ignore Unused Materials doesnt work in this case

Thanks, and great work on the plugin :)
Polygons
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:37 pm

aoktar Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:37 pm
Polygons wrote:Feature request: I have dozens of complex materials in this scene which take some time to generate when sending to Live View. I have all these objects and materials in layers like this http://i.imgur.com/8GnDzUJ.png

When layers are completely muted and disabled, Octane is still generating the materials despite them not being applied to anything that shows up in LV. If i had an option to ignore materials in muted layers, it would save me a lot of waiting.

P.S : Ignore Unused Materials doesnt work in this case

Thanks, and great work on the plugin :)

The parameter is for not LV but PV. It wouldn't helped. Also your request is fine, i thought and tried to do. But causes lot of problems because of current concept. Thanks for comments, enjoy it!
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby DinoMuhic » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:40 pm

DinoMuhic Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:40 pm
Could we get top-to-bottom rendering in the panoramic camera in stereo mode? Currently octane only supports side-by-side and anaglyph. But to be able to render a video ready for Youtube VR we need to have it in top-to-bottom, since thats the only thing Youtube VR understands.

If we render side-by-side we always have to stretch it in comp first and re-arrange it, which means we lose a lot quality or have to render out much higher resolutions than initially.

Thanks alot!
DinoMuhic
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby dbalzer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:13 am

dbalzer Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:13 am
Hi Achmed,

A little but very helpful thing would be to be able to re-name Octane tags. When I for example animate properties of several light tags I'd have identical names within timeline and it becomes difficult to keep being organized. Possible fix?

Thanks
Dan
Windows 8.1/Cinema4D R16/1x GTX 980Ti + external GPU expander with 2x GTX 980Ti's and 2x GTX 970's
dbalzer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to User requests