Moderator: aoktar

Re: ******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********

Postby frankmci » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:10 pm

frankmci Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:10 pm
Ahmet,

Bulleted list for simplicity:
- Sorting function for Texture Manager
- File size on disk column in Texture Manager
- Improved Update List function that checks for current image resolution of all textures
- Delete Orphan Shader Nodes function in Materials tab of Octane Dialog window
- Label or mouse-over label for Live Viewer's display resolution and render resolution multiplier inputs would help a lot of people who don't RTFM, as I once was.

In more detail:
A sorting function for each of the columns in the Octane Texture Manager would be much appreciated, such as by image size, VRAM usage, file name, etc. The "Update List" doesn't seem to do much as far as changes to the current items goes, either. For instance, if you use the Edit function to resize an image, the Update List function in the Texture Manager will not reflect that change.

It would also be very handy to have a "delete orphan nodes" option to eliminate stray nodes left over from shader building. I have to do it visually, one at a time now.

A column for "size on disk" would help track down unnecessary high-res color chip image files/nodes left over from certain automatic shader conversions. I just deleted a few dozen 4k images of pure white, 50% gray, and black. (I think those were mostly from Grayscale Gorilla textures).

A significant fraction of my time is spent cleaning up and optimizing other people's Octane projects, and the Texture Manager is a key part of that.

Thanks, Ahmet. Your skill and dedication are much appreciated.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: ******* Wishlist and feedback topic ********

Postby aoktar » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:01 am

aoktar Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:01 am
burning01 wrote:Please finish implementing the mesh uv selection on the projection node
So that we can select other uv sets from within the node graph

Currently selection does not work

Thank you.

I've implemented 2nd set, 3nd may come later. Max actually is THREE SETS in the renderer.

snahbah wrote:I would love to navigate the IPR with 1,2,3 number pad keys, like you can I the node editor. I know you can use the alt key + mouse buttons, but my hand is always over the keypad, and I'm used to working like this.

This is a very small thing but is this possible?

It will be working on next builds.

frankmci wrote:Ahmet,

Bulleted list for simplicity:
- Sorting function for Texture Manager
- File size on disk column in Texture Manager
- Improved Update List function that checks for current image resolution of all textures
- Delete Orphan Shader Nodes function in Materials tab of Octane Dialog window
- Label or mouse-over label for Live Viewer's display resolution and render resolution multiplier inputs would help a lot of people who don't RTFM, as I once was.

In more detail:
A sorting function for each of the columns in the Octane Texture Manager would be much appreciated, such as by image size, VRAM usage, file name, etc. The "Update List" doesn't seem to do much as far as changes to the current items goes, either. For instance, if you use the Edit function to resize an image, the Update List function in the Texture Manager will not reflect that change.

It would also be very handy to have a "delete orphan nodes" option to eliminate stray nodes left over from shader building. I have to do it visually, one at a time now.

A column for "size on disk" would help track down unnecessary high-res color chip image files/nodes left over from certain automatic shader conversions. I just deleted a few dozen 4k images of pure white, 50% gray, and black. (I think those were mostly from Grayscale Gorilla textures).

A significant fraction of my time is spent cleaning up and optimizing other people's Octane projects, and the Texture Manager is a key part of that.

Thanks, Ahmet. Your skill and dedication are much appreciated.

I'll try to do some of these. Thanks!
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to User requests