Older materials in Local DB corrupting via C4D

Forums: Older materials in Local DB corrupting via C4D
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: aoktar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
H. A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it (Include Screenshots or video capture), as well as an example scene if applicable.
I. Copies of the Octane Log window and Console window outputs (full text attached as a file to your post is recommended).

Please note that reports of issues inside existing threads will be ignored/removed, and reports may be closed if the reporter does not respond to subsequent queries in the thread.

Older materials in Local DB corrupting via C4D

Postby dermotfaloon » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:58 pm

dermotfaloon Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:58 pm
I thought this was a bug with 21.1.2, but I have since installed the previous two windows builds back to 20.2.5 and its the same. It could be Maxon but its a pain regardless. Materials stored in the Local DB cant be relied on to work correct anymore. Within standalone the materials display a bit odd in the selector(greyed etc) but render as they should, however the same material from the same place when pulled into C4D corrupts something. I have a video linked here to show exactly what is happening. Using C4D 25.117. It seems to effect the metallic materials mostly from testing, the materials were an older silverwing pack.
https://f.io/y8f5IWp9
Regards
dermotfaloon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Older materials in Local DB corrupting via C4D

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:42 am

bepeg4d Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:42 am
Hi,
it seems that there is an issue with the Specular Map value, that it is set to 0 during import.
Please set it back to 1, to correct the issue:
B68C946A-6786-496A-9847-668D0E5958B6.jpeg

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Older materials in Local DB corrupting via C4D

Postby dermotfaloon » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:18 pm

dermotfaloon Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:18 pm
Thanks for the feedback, looking at the old C4d file this came from was able to compare.
Bizarrely it added round edges by adding to local DB (no radius tho), but it was the diffuse values that were all switched to white on import back to C4D. Making them black again makes it look correct.
dermotfaloon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports