CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was enc

Forums: CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was enc
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: aoktar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
H. A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it (Include Screenshots or video capture), as well as an example scene if applicable.
I. Copies of the Octane Log window and Console window outputs (full text attached as a file to your post is recommended).

Please note that reports of issues inside existing threads will be ignored/removed, and reports may be closed if the reporter does not respond to subsequent queries in the thread.

Re: CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was enc

Postby augdalmo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:35 pm

augdalmo Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:35 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi,
in general, CUDA error 700 is drivers or timeout related.
Please, use DDU to completely remove the installed drivers:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis ... nload.html
Then perform a clean installation of 417.22 drivers for your Win version.

To change the timeout, either run the Standalone installer or manually set the TdrDelay key to something like 10s or so. See here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 18(v=vs.85).aspx

In the Standalone installer we set these values:

WriteRegDWORD HKLM "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" TdrLevel 3
WriteRegDWORD HKLM "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" TdrDelay 10jh

Some Win 10 users have set the TdrDelay at 60, to solve their stability issues with CUDA.

ciao Beppe

I tried to use DDU and then to do the clean installation of the driver 417.71 but I still have sudden crashes never happened in previous releases.
maybe the latest drivers released are less compatible with the new releases and especially with C4D R20 I point out that the change introduced required the rewriting of the pugin and not all have succeeded in the short term, with R19 I have no problems
besides, I have never had any problems with Standalone, but in the last days there were anomalous crashes here too.
The very fact that the 418.81 driver causes Octane's arrest seems to confirm that there is a clear divergence in programming.
augdalmo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:43 am

coilbook Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:43 am
augdalmo wrote:
bepeg4d wrote:Hi,
in general, CUDA error 700 is drivers or timeout related.
Please, use DDU to completely remove the installed drivers:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis ... nload.html
Then perform a clean installation of 417.22 drivers for your Win version.

To change the timeout, either run the Standalone installer or manually set the TdrDelay key to something like 10s or so. See here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 18(v=vs.85).aspx

In the Standalone installer we set these values:

WriteRegDWORD HKLM "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" TdrLevel 3
WriteRegDWORD HKLM "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" TdrDelay 10jh

Some Win 10 users have set the TdrDelay at 60, to solve their stability issues with CUDA.

ciao Beppe

I tried to use DDU and then to do the clean installation of the driver 417.71 but I still have sudden crashes never happened in previous releases.
maybe the latest drivers released are less compatible with the new releases and especially with C4D R20 I point out that the change introduced required the rewriting of the pugin and not all have succeeded in the short term, with R19 I have no problems
besides, I have never had any problems with Standalone, but in the last days there were anomalous crashes here too.
The very fact that the 418.81 driver causes Octane's arrest seems to confirm that there is a clear divergence in programming.

If you have msi afterburner or evga precision try to uninstall them and run without them. We had all kinds of problem and they were solved with uninstalling msi afterburner and just using gpu z. Maybe it will help For pascals only we still use 390.77 drivers sicne they are very stable
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sandy5033123 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:48 am

sandy5033123 Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:48 am
I think it's driver problem.
Download DDU first, clean your driver,
then go downloading version 431.60.
sandy5033123
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer