layer black shadow bug

Forums: layer black shadow bug
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: aoktar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
H. A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it (Include Screenshots or video capture), as well as an example scene if applicable.
I. Copies of the Octane Log window and Console window outputs (full text attached as a file to your post is recommended).

Please note that reports of issues inside existing threads will be ignored/removed, and reports may be closed if the reporter does not respond to subsequent queries in the thread.

layer black shadow bug

Postby Ayu889900 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Ayu889900 Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:01 pm
layer black shadow show any shadow project by lights even the light source is blocked by polygon.And the shadow intensity is controlled by light sampling rate in octane light tag.
Below scene I set the tube layer 2 and others are layer 1,and here is the render setting and 2 different scenes
6.PNG

7.PNG

1.PNG
scene 1 with 1 light
2.PNG
sence 1 tube shadow
3.PNG
scene 2 with 2 lights
4.PNG
scene 2 tube shadow
5.PNG
scene 2 tube shadow with 5 sampling rate for left light and 1for right light. both lights have same light power and other attributes

LBSH bugs.rar
scene file
(68.55 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

The left light should not project shadow because it is blocked by the middle pane, but the LBSH layer seems like there is no block between tube and the left light. And shadow intensity is affect by sampling rate. Those bugs really annoy me when compositing. I hope these can be fixed soon.

A.Win10
B.GTX1080ti
C.48GB
D.398.11
E.not installed
F.3.08
G.c4d R19
Ayu889900
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: layer black shadow bug

Postby protokol » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:01 am

protokol Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:01 am
Hay did you have any luck resolving this issue? I'm getting similar results.
protokol
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: layer black shadow bug

Postby protokol » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:01 am

protokol Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:01 am
Here is my scene I have motion tracked. I have placed the large rectangular cube in the middle to test. As you can see the lower half of the cube is covered by shadow so in compositing I would only want to add the shadow casted by the top half of the cube that is being hit by the light.

C4D_Octane - Black Shadow Test 2_A.PNG

As you can see, the shadow layer being created is incorrect. The shadow being cast is as if the object were completely in direct light, when it is actually partially obscured. The lower half of the shadow should be extremely faint and the top half dark.

C4D_Octane - Black Shadow Test 2_B.PNG

I want the section within the red outline to be invisible or very very faint.

C4D_Octane - Black Shadow Test 2_C.PNG

C4D_Octane - Black Shadow Test 2_D.PNG

As you can see, in compositing this is adding an extra shadow over the already shadowed area. I only want to add the shadow of the part that is being hit by the light.
protokol
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports