Version 3.08.1-R4 (obsolete stable)

Forums: Version 3.08.1-R4 (obsolete stable)
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Version 3.08(latest stable)

Postby aoktar » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:42 pm

aoktar Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:42 pm
milanm wrote:Ah, I get it, it makes sense. Thanks for replying.

I know it seems like UI is 'cosmetics' but it's actually very important feature for a realtime render engine like Octane. It's like moving a shift knob in a car a little bit to the front. It doesn't seem like a big deal but it's enough to break muscle memory and... well, it might cause a car crash if we miss it in the split second. ;)

Edit: I should have mentioned that my biggest concern is actually absolute file path in the Custom LUT setting in the Octane Settings window, not the UI.

Regards
Milan

I know what you mean. There's some hardness on gui setups for me. Octane settings vs. Tag settings are different system and giving hardness to keep very similar. This is a side note.
I've reorganised the order of parameters as accordingly to Standalone's. And tried to make it cleaner as much as possible. But i can check it for possible improvements.

Btw I know absolute path issue on customLUT, I'll try to improve it for collect scene command, etc.. But maybe next week or later, because I'll be at FMX for a few days. Will be hard to work on.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby jayroth » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:23 pm

jayroth Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:23 pm
Good luck at FMX, Ahmet. I wish I was going!
CaseLabs Mercury S8 / ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS / Crucial 64GB 2133 DDR4 / 2 XEON E5-2687W v3 3.1 GHz / EVGA 1600 P2 / 2 EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Cinema 4D

Is it fast? Oh, yeah!
jayroth
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mesut » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:49 pm

mesut Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:49 pm
thx for the update.
looking good.
one thing though, wich i did not experience in the rc4: whenever i hover over the editor, the live viewer refreshes.
no need to click anything, just hovering the mouse over the editor and the live viewer refreshes, meaning, starts rendering from scratch.

ps:
to be more precise, the editor doesn't need to show the render camera. any view will do. also the orthogonal ones (top, right etc.)
so... if i don't move the mouse away from the viewport, the live viewer is stuck in a kind of feedback loop, meaning, that it starts over, over and over again.
win7prof. | i7 4930, 32gb | 2*980ti 6g for renderings | 1*660 for displays
mesut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:15 pm

aoktar Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:15 pm
mesut wrote:thx for the update.
looking good.
one thing though, wich i did not experience in the rc4: whenever i hover over the editor, the live viewer refreshes.
no need to click anything, just hovering the mouse over the editor and the live viewer refreshes, meaning, starts rendering from scratch.

ps:
to be more precise, the editor doesn't need to show the render camera. any view will do. also the orthogonal ones (top, right etc.)
so... if i don't move the mouse away from the viewport, the live viewer is stuck in a kind of feedback loop, meaning, that it starts over, over and over again.

There's not any differences between RC4 vs stable version for this operation. Some effectors and objects will cause this, it's not avoidable. Could you give me a scene which is not doing this in RC4 and doing in stable?

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mesut » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

mesut Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm
aoktar wrote:There's not any differences between RC4 vs stable version for this operation. Some effectors and objects will cause this, it's not avoidable. Could you give me a scene which is not doing this in RC4 and doing in stable?

well, that's interesting. now that you said it, i tried the same scene, i was working on, with rc4.

while in stable the behaviour is as stated above, in rc4 it's a little different: in rc4, as long as the hovering mouse is in motion above the viewport, the live viewer keeps refreshing. when the motion stops - while still hovered above the viewport - live viewer doesn't refresh but renders till the end.
as soon as the mouse is being moved again, the resfreshing starts over.

i then reinstalled stable again and opened the same scene. this is a project i am working on, it contains a bunch of stuff, also a xparticles4 system, with which a prt-particle sequence, that had been simulated in realflow stanalone, is being loaded into the scene.
but there is also a lot of other stuff... octane scatter object, keyframe animation, turbulancefd and so on.

so first thing i tried: deactivate (with the X) the xparticles system. and now the behaviour stopped. no mo refreshing problems whatsoever.
activate it again, and there is the problem reappears. now here's a fun fact: when i turn the xparticles system off by switching the dots to red (as in: not rendering), the behaviour becomes the same as in rc4. hover without motion: no problem. hover incl. motion: keeps on refreshing.

one might thing: ok, xp is the problem.

next fun fact: when i copy the xpsystem and it's belongings into a fresh scene, none of the above happens. no refresh problem whatsoever.
so, i guess it's a combination of things that are embedded in my project.

soooo... this experience seems to appear only in this very scene i am working on.
i've tried turning off one or the other thing to see, if anything differs, but so far no luck. well, as far as it's only this specific scene, that's no bummer, i can live with that.

sending you that scene seems overkill, since there is GB's of sim-data involved, a lot of tex and so on...
so far, i have no simplified version that reproduces this effect. as soon as i am able to observe this behaviour again, in an other - simple - scene, i'll send that scene.
mesut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mesut » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:34 pm

mesut Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:34 pm
well, an other thing i tried now:
i also have the visible backround expresso-setup in the scene, taken from here: https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=63808&p=325182&hilit=visible+background#p325182
there is an animation sequence in there, that is used for the background.

when i turn that one off for the renderer, the whole experience dissappears, hovering incl. motion above the viewport is possible again, without the live viewer refreshing.
mesut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bahgoogen » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:34 pm

bahgoogen Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:34 pm
Hi Ahmet,

Thank you for the incredible work.

I noticed something while using the Viewport Rendering. I understand it's just for testing, so this is just a note for a future version.

I noticed that you cannot animate properties while the viewport renderer is activated.
You can set an initial keyframe, but if you try to set another one, every time you edit the parameter, it reverts back to the original keyframe.

Keep up the good work!
bahgoogen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby zinogino » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:29 am

zinogino Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:29 am
aoktar wrote:
zinogino wrote:Awesome release, does the AI denoiser works atm or until build? Tried turning it on and doesn't seem to have any differences.

Apparently is forgot to disable new parameters. It's not up to this build. Where did you see control?

I saw it under the Camera Imager tab but its okay.
Since this is a stable release, will there be any updates on offline mode or we'll have to wait until V4?

Cheers.
zinogino
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby eyeonestudio » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:20 pm

eyeonestudio Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:20 pm
"MIX" has an icon at the top, but no "BLEND". Is it normal? :)
CINEMA 4D R2023
Win10 / 10GbE / AMD3995X*2ea, AMD3990X*2ea, 10980XE*2ea / 256Gb RAM / RTX3090*14ea
eyeonestudio
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:38 pm

aoktar Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:38 pm
eyeonestudio wrote:"MIX" has an icon at the top, but no "BLEND". Is it normal? :)

No, where did you see that?

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Releases