darkline wrote:Having serious problems with every release of Octane 2 onwards. Basically a scene that used to render on 1.55 fails everytime in 2.x
I have tried to find the fault by hiding/turning things off in my scene, and discovered it comes down to the VRAM overspilling in 2.x. So I started to delete objects to get the poly count down and did this test - deleted all the fur bar 1 object (it's actually mesh created from fur the fur modifier has been removed). Then ran it in both versions of octane :
You can see that for some reason the same scene is taking over 1GB more in octane 2. Now, I thought this might be due to some of my hidden layers still having hair and fur modifiers on them (even though they are disabled in the stack). So I removed everything in the scene but a single mesh and re-saved the file. To be clear this scene contains just a mesh and a light - no modifiers.
This is the scene opened in 1.55
This is exactly the same scene in 205 :
As you can see in Octane 1.55 the scene takes up 1.4GB and in Octane 2.05 it takes up 2.3GB
This is the same max file simply rendered with the two versions of octane. Since version 2 has been released I cannot open the full file of this character without running out of RAM and octane failing every time.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests