my first Octane demo reel

Forums: my first Octane demo reel
Carrara (Integrated Plugin developed by Sighman)

Re: my first Octane demo reel

Postby Tugpsx » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:58 pm

Tugpsx Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:58 pm
This is very impressive work. Based on the images you have provided, the level of detail from a non-medical point of view is great. The effectiveness and flow of images works and does portray the desired idea.
Since these simulations will likely be used in a promotion environment or possible educational where it would actually be projected, the resolution shown works ( I actually projected it in a conference room).

Thanks for sharing and showing what Carrara can do in an applied situation.
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby protovu » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:18 pm

protovu Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:18 pm
Tugpsx wrote:This is very impressive work. Based on the images you have provided, the level of detail from a non-medical point of view is great. The effectiveness and flow of images works and does portray the desired idea.
Since these simulations will likely be used in a promotion environment or possible educational where it would actually be projected, the resolution shown works ( I actually projected it in a conference room).

Thanks for sharing and showing what Carrara can do in an applied situation.

Hi Tugpsx,
Apologies for not responding sooner. (Is there a way to receive an email notification on this forum?)I am extremely grateful for your acknowledgement and comments regarding resolution. Makes my week!
My relationship with Carrara is so ambivalent. I have been with it since Raydream, and found it to be a good work horse, but really dragging when trying to push it to achieve a higher level. At least, thanks to Simon and Octane, we can look like the real deal. Now we just need the actual Carrara modifiers, physics, etc. to come up to a level that is more satisfying. Sure we could learn new programs, but the lost momentum would be stultifying.
protovu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tugpsx » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:51 am

Tugpsx Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:51 am
So true, and it looks like there is more hidden under the Carrara covers hopefully to be revealed soon. At the bottom of your post there is an option to notify you when someone post to a thread you are watching.
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Carrara