Activation lost after updating plugin (no internet on PC)

Forums: Activation lost after updating plugin (no internet on PC)
Carrara (Integrated Plugin developed by Sighman)

Activation lost after updating plugin (no internet on PC)

Postby Neole » Sat May 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Neole Sat May 02, 2015 9:10 pm
Hi,

I had purchased octane render with carrara plugin. The plugin was working fine but today I downloaded the latest plugin update using my laptop and installed it on my animation PC. The animation PC does not have internet anymore, and now whenever I open Octane Render plugin for Carrara it shows 'Activation Failed'.

I need the plugin urgently for a project I have to render. How can I activate the plugin without internet on my PC? I do have internet on my laptop.

(Generally internet is needed only during the first installation of a software, not during updates, so I had assumed I wouldn't need internet anymore.)

Thanks,
Neole
Neole
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Activation lost after updating plugin (no internet on PC)

Postby abstrax » Sun May 03, 2015 9:39 pm

abstrax Sun May 03, 2015 9:39 pm
Neole wrote:Hi,

I had purchased octane render with carrara plugin. The plugin was working fine but today I downloaded the latest plugin update using my laptop and installed it on my animation PC. The animation PC does not have internet anymore, and now whenever I open Octane Render plugin for Carrara it shows 'Activation Failed'.

I need the plugin urgently for a project I have to render. How can I activate the plugin without internet on my PC? I do have internet on my laptop.

(Generally internet is needed only during the first installation of a software, not during updates, so I had assumed I wouldn't need internet anymore.)

Thanks,
Neole

No, Internet is need during the activation of the license and can then be disabled after the license has been activated. The installation is not activating the licenses. You have to actually run the plugin to do the activation.

Also be aware that every time you change the Octane version, you have to re-authenticate.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby wendyluvscatz » Mon May 04, 2015 7:19 pm

wendyluvscatz Mon May 04, 2015 7:19 pm
can you use your laptop or another device as a wifi modem?
I bought a cheap Dlink USB plug and can use my android tablet, phone or home wifi if I wish (only use latter but have used others in past)
Win 10 64-bit CPU Ryzen 3 3600g 32GB RAM graphics RTX2080Ti
wendyluvscatz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Neole » Tue May 26, 2015 10:24 am

Neole Tue May 26, 2015 10:24 am
Thanks thats a nice idea Wendy. I dont have wifi on my pc but can buy a usb wifi. For this time I just temporarily reconnected the internet though as it was a urgent.
Neole
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Carrara