Octane Render Commercial v1.02 beta2 Released

Forums: Octane Render Commercial v1.02 beta2 Released
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Octane Render Commercial v1.02 beta2 Released

Postby radiance » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 am

radiance Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 am
meleseDESIGN wrote:C4D is able to Render 16K images and unlimited tiles of your scene.
But with Octane, more then 4K makes no sense because of the missing but needed RAM on current gfx cards. 4K is totaly ok, my Sony Alpha 350 wont give me a higher resolution.

Only one question: Why will you get different brightness for tiles with MLT? What about rendering tiles without MLT? Splitt the Camera view in Octane in 9 tiles (or even more), each 3-4K and after rendering you can stitch the outputed tiles together in Photoshop and you have an 9Kx9K/12Kx12K final image.

Like in C4D.

;)

radiance wrote:it's not that easy.
with MLT, the only kernel that can render decent images with no fireflies, you can't render an image in parts,
as you'll get different normalization (eg brightness) for the different tiles.

it's a tough task and i'm sure recent advancements in gpu memory will soon solve this issue. cards with 3GB will soon be available as commodity hardware.

Radiance

it's very difficult to explain but MLT just works in a way that will end up giving tiles that won't match in intensities.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby meleseDESIGN » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:03 am

meleseDESIGN Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:03 am
OK, but what if you implement a switch to not use MLT and render tiles without it. A 3GB or 6GB gfx card wont give you much higher resolutions too.
Rendering tiles and stitching them together is the best thing you could implement to get very very very large finals with Octane. There is also a free script for Photoshop available what stitches the tiles and saves the final large image automaticly.

I'm sure you could render tiles with Octane.

;)

radiance wrote:it's very difficult to explain but MLT just works in a way that will end up giving tiles that won't match in intensities.

Radiance
XP 64-bit | ASUS MARS DUAL GTX285 4GB Limited Edition | DUAL XEON X5570 | 48GB DDR3 ECC Reg 1333MHz
meleseDESIGN
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:05 am

radiance Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:05 am
meleseDESIGN wrote:OK, but what if you implement a switch to not use MLT and render tiles without it. A 3GB or 6GB gfx card wont give you much higher resolutions too.
Rendering tiles and stitching them together is the best thing you could implement to get very very very large finals with Octane. There is also a free script for Photoshop available what stitches the tiles and saves the final large image automaticly.

I'm sure you could render tiles with Octane.

;)

radiance wrote:it's very difficult to explain but MLT just works in a way that will end up giving tiles that won't match in intensities.

Radiance

that's possible but do you want to render large finals with fireflies on them?

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby meleseDESIGN » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:15 am

meleseDESIGN Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:15 am
radiance wrote:that's possible but do you want to render large finals with fireflies on them?

Radiance

Personaly I don't need larger images then 4K (and probably most don't need a higher resolution, it'S good enough for film and magazines), but sure, you could eliminate fireflies with Photoshop easiely.

;)
XP 64-bit | ASUS MARS DUAL GTX285 4GB Limited Edition | DUAL XEON X5570 | 48GB DDR3 ECC Reg 1333MHz
meleseDESIGN
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to News & Announcements