OctaneRender RTX | Vulkan - preview release is out!

Forums: OctaneRender RTX | Vulkan - preview release is out!
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: OctaneRender RTX | Vulkan - preview release is out!

Postby ScottGelber » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:56 pm

ScottGelber Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:56 pm
Goldorak wrote:
kuroderuta wrote:
pixym wrote:Hi,

I have just seen the 2019.2 video materials. What about the "Anime Kernel" that have been shown in the previous video announcement material ?

Also interested in this.

It’s coming too, we just didn’t get into the video export along with a few other slides.

...FOUR YEARS LATER
ScottGelber
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender RTX | Vulkan - preview release is out!

Postby frankmci » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:15 pm

frankmci Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:15 pm
ScottGelber wrote:
I have just seen the 2019.2 video materials. What about the "Anime Kernel" that have been shown in the previous video announcement material ?

It’s coming too, we just didn’t get into the video export along with a few other slides.

...FOUR YEARS LATER

Yup, real life is like that, i.e. messy and unpredictable. If Feature X is not actually shipping now, in a relatively stable form, I don't make any purchase decisions that depend on it being available in the near future, if at all. Animation/rendering tool development is a cut-throat business, and vendors constantly make predictions that they are only relatively confident they can meet in order to stay relevant and competitive. It's a tricky balancing act for them that I don't envy. However, it has been a reality of the industry for three decades, and I don't expect it to change any time soon.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to News & Announcements