OctaneRender™ for Cinema 4D released

Forums: OctaneRender™ for Cinema 4D released
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: NEW : OctaneRender™ for Cinema 4D v1.10 released

Postby abstrax » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:40 pm

abstrax Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:40 pm
Regarding the Mac SDK: We are currently working on it. If we are lucky and don't stumble over any more issues, we can release a Mac SDK next week. If not, it will take longer. We want to have that done as much as you guys, but developing for Mac is a pain.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Method » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:13 pm

Method Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:13 pm
The results are excellent, only I'm missing:
Object buffer
Compositing tag
Motion blur (physical)
Fog (objects changing contrast with distance), maybe it can solve the depth that will not affect the camera.I do not know, I'm not a programmer.

These are just my observations ;)
ASUS P6X58D-E / Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 / 24GB Ram (DDR3) / i7 950 (OC4.2Ghz-without HT) / Windows 7 x64 / and million cooling fans :)

VFX/CGI, Animation for documentary movies, Music videos, Products renderings, Advertising....3D/2D (small production)
Method
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:41 pm

aoktar Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:41 pm
Method wrote:The results are excellent, only I'm missing:
Object buffer
Compositing tag
Motion blur (physical)
Fog (objects changing contrast with distance), maybe it can solve the depth that will not affect the camera.I do not know, I'm not a programmer.

These are just my observations ;)

I'm aegerly waiting some results :)
Possible features will be added asap.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Method » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Method Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:50 pm
That would be wonderful! :) I'm excited, thank you! ;)

Edit.: I have some results, but it's just a quick test. I'll try to edit and send a private message. ;)
ASUS P6X58D-E / Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 / 24GB Ram (DDR3) / i7 950 (OC4.2Ghz-without HT) / Windows 7 x64 / and million cooling fans :)

VFX/CGI, Animation for documentary movies, Music videos, Products renderings, Advertising....3D/2D (small production)
Method
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mustardseedsg » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:23 pm

mustardseedsg Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:23 pm
Why?

abstrax wrote:but developing for Mac is a pain.
Mac OSX 10.12.6 / MBP 15" w Touch Bar, 16GB / Mantiz Venus Thunderbolt 3 enclosure with GX1080 / C4d r19 Octane
mustardseedsg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SephirothNP » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:33 pm

SephirothNP Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:33 pm
Are there any short videos/tutorials on rendering an animation from the Octane C4D plugin? I am unclear as to how this is done, and none of the existing videos/tutorials show the Octane C4D plugin from an animation rendering perspective.

I have the stand-alone Octane renderer and am unfamiliar with a node-based setup- does the C4D plugin reduce the need to be familiar with a node-based system? Here is what I am looking to determine:

With the new Octane C4D plugin:

1.) What is the minimum number of extra steps required compared to using the C4D physical render engine?

2.) Do I have to create a new Octane material for all of my existing C4D materials? Does the importer handle this, or do I have to do this manually in most cases? (I work with pre-existing models that have 100+ materials- I do not have the ability to manually re-create every material in Octane.)

3.) Are depth passes able to be created/exported?

Any input would be much appreciated. Yes, I have read the online manual- it says all of the above is possible, but I have not seen this demonstrated anywhere, and am not anxious to learn an entirely new working method just for renders. If the plugin handles all of the above with minimal learning curve, that would be great!
SephirothNP
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:38 pm

aoktar Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:38 pm
SephirothNP wrote:Are there any short videos/tutorials on rendering an animation from the Octane C4D plugin? I am unclear as to how this is done, and none of the existing videos/tutorials show the Octane C4D plugin from an animation rendering perspective.

I have the stand-alone Octane renderer and am unfamiliar with a node-based setup- does the C4D plugin reduce the need to be familiar with a node-based system? Here is what I am looking to determine:

With the new Octane C4D plugin:

1.) What is the minimum number of extra steps required compared to using the C4D physical render engine?

2.) Do I have to create a new Octane material for all of my existing C4D materials? Does the importer handle this, or do I have to do this manually in most cases? (I work with pre-existing models that have 100+ materials- I do not have the ability to manually re-create every material in Octane.)

3.) Are depth passes able to be created/exported?

Any input would be much appreciated. Yes, I have read the online manual- it says all of the above is possible, but I have not seen this demonstrated anywhere, and am not anxious to learn an entirely new working method just for renders. If the plugin handles all of the above with minimal learning curve, that would be great!

1) Maybe i need more detailed info to reply for this. But a few click is enough to render

2) No need, standart materials can render directly, but current version only apply texture maps and simple nodes. Also converter works with limited nodes. Development version has more ability, also i'm adding render to texture option for most shaders. It's directly convert bitmaps. But this way has disadvantage about texture limits.

3) Some info channels (zdepth, objectID, normals, wireframe,etc..) are possible. But actually support one pass for saving. I'm adding saver options for that.

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby SephirothNP » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 am

SephirothNP Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 am
Thanks Aoktar! Maybe a 30 second screencapture would be helpful- just something that shows the workflow for rendering an animation of an existing C4D scene with lights, camera movement, multiple materials, etc. It would certainly help me to make a purchase decision, and I suspect it might help a few other people out there who do not have deep experience with a node-based system.
Falcon Mach V
i-4390k/32GB
GTX 780Ti
SephirothNP
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:50 am

aoktar Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:50 am
SephirothNP wrote:Thanks Aoktar! Maybe a 30 second screencapture would be helpful- just something that shows the workflow for rendering an animation of an existing C4D scene with lights, camera movement, multiple materials, etc. It would certainly help me to make a purchase decision, and I suspect it might help a few other people out there who do not have deep experience with a node-based system.

yes, i'll do it

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Method » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:18 pm

Method Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:18 pm
aoktar wrote:I'm aegerly waiting some results :)
Possible features will be added asap.

OK, this is my first animation render quick test:

;)

Method
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements