Version 1.20.1.15 suggestions & potential issues

Forums: Version 1.20.1.15 suggestions & potential issues
Autodesk Revit (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Version 1.20.1.15 suggestions & potential issues

Postby prehabitat » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:53 am

prehabitat Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:53 am
Hi face_off,

Thanks for all your efforts thus far - I've loved learning more about materials & rendering within Revit without suffering the pain of slow render times!

Now for the suggestions/requests:

Wishlist item: It would be great to be able to set the progressive save feature to capture & include the last(most recent) change which initiated the viewport refresh into the filename:
ie. Progressive Save <Change> ### hh:mm:ss.png

Better still (or just instead) would be nice to be able to set the file name with a script-like code - this field could be on the main window (not within the <settings> button) so changes can be made after making parameter changes
Psudocode example: 15 Station ST FOV80 <samples> <res> <dd>:<mm>:<ss>.png

Not sure if this would help anyone elses workflows? :D

Potential issue: (perhaps this is just my laptop): my dropboxes overlap the parameter value within the settings tab (see attached).

And lastly, another potential issue: I cant seem to change the location for the progressive saves. Clicking the folder field (within <settings> button) initiates a dialogue box/folder explorer, but once selecting my desired folder within the DB & clicking OK the progressive saves continue to save in My Documents....

Thanks again (Edit: Laptop is win8(updated), Rvt2014(patched) o4revit 1.20.1.12)
Attachments
overlap.png
Text overlapped by Drop-Box
overlap.png (1.82 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
Win10/3770/16gb/K600(display)/GTX780(Octane)/GTX590/372.70
Octane 3.x: GH Lands VARQ Rhino5 -Rhino.io- C4D R16 / Revit17
prehabitat
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Version 1.20.1.15 suggestions & potential issues

Postby face_off » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:14 am

face_off Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:14 am
Hello

Wishlist item: It would be great to be able to set the progressive save feature to capture & include the last(most recent) change which initiated the viewport refresh into the filename:
ie. Progressive Save <Change> ### hh:mm:ss.png

Better still (or just instead) would be nice to be able to set the file name with a script-like code - this field could be on the main window (not within the <settings> button) so changes can be made after making parameter changes
Psudocode example: 15 Station ST FOV80 <samples> <res> <dd>:<mm>:<ss>.png

I think both these suggestions (whilst being good ideas) would be quite time consuming for a potentially limited benefit. I can see it could be useful to see the "maxdepth=16" render verses the "maxdepth=7" render. But sometimes multiple changes are made between progressive saves, so it would be hard to determine which of those changes should be in the filename. I think also that the longer people use Octane and the plugin, to less they use Progressive Save. It was a big issue when the cards where not so robust and renders where crashing, but that is a rarity now.

Potential issue: (perhaps this is just my laptop): my dropboxes overlap the parameter value within the settings tab (see attached).

I haven't seen this before. Have you got your windows font at 125% or 150%? If so, does changing it to 100% fix the problem? I might have to see if the font size can be locked in somehow.

And lastly, another potential issue: I cant seem to change the location for the progressive saves. Clicking the folder field (within <settings> button) initiates a dialogue box/folder explorer, but once selecting my desired folder within the DB & clicking OK the progressive saves continue to save in My Documents....

You are right. This is a bug which I have fixed, and it will be in the next version. In the meantime, you can edit the config.xml file to change the progressive save folder if you have to.

Thanks for the feedback.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Version 1.20.1.15 suggestions & potential issues

Postby prehabitat » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:36 pm

prehabitat Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:36 pm
Thanks for the detailed response Paul,

I had thought that the wishlist item may be suitable to only me in my early stages of learning all the features/settings... nevermind; thanks for the explanation anyway! :)

and Yes!, I do have my text size set to 125% on the laptop... just changed it; should sort me out - cant believe I didn't think of that! :D

Regards,

Andrew
Win10/3770/16gb/K600(display)/GTX780(Octane)/GTX590/372.70
Octane 3.x: GH Lands VARQ Rhino5 -Rhino.io- C4D R16 / Revit17
prehabitat
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk Revit