Skin shader with SSS

Forums: Skin shader with SSS
Discuss or ask critique about your current works
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the left right corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and use pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Skin shader with SSS

Postby bepeg4d » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:03 pm

bepeg4d Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:03 pm
just an idea, but have you activated the "fake shadow" option in the specular material?
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby sigmamoon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:40 pm

sigmamoon Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:40 pm
gordonrobb wrote:Bum, have loaded it in Standalone, and it works a treat. Have duplicated everything (as close as I can as some of the settings are different) in Lightwave, and it looks nothing like it

yes gordon,

there are some difference yet between the standalone and LW parameters
lasts realised were not correct cause octane libs between the 1.10 and 1.12 version was wrong too

since the 1.13.1 version of lightwave plugin , looks better but i see w dont have the same parameters of the standalone, we need to make it with our sensibility for now.
but i try to understand and post my skill inside the beta testers forum to help to be near the standalone version.

for now we must do our translation from the standalone parameters to lightwave, but i hope we could be exactly like the standalone version soon (not easy yet)
WebSite compagny
Pixel De Lune
WebSite personnal
SIGMAmoon.com
sigmamoon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sigmamoon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:41 pm

sigmamoon Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:41 pm
bepeg4d wrote:thanks sigma :)
here is the ocm and ocs without textures and obj (you can find them in the first page), i have slightly reduced the wax effect by increasing the absorbtion power just a little:
specular-skin.ocm.zip

head_2-bepeg4d.ocs.zip

ciao beppe

thank you bepee, i could play with it ;)
WebSite compagny
Pixel De Lune
WebSite personnal
SIGMAmoon.com
sigmamoon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sigmamoon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:44 pm

sigmamoon Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:44 pm
gordonrobb wrote:Bum, have loaded it in Standalone, and it works a treat. Have duplicated everything (as close as I can as some of the settings are different) in Lightwave, and it looks nothing like it

to finish, the most important for me is to disable alpha-shadows
otherwise nothing happens inside the sss effect
WebSite compagny
Pixel De Lune
WebSite personnal
SIGMAmoon.com
sigmamoon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Works In Progress