Scene lock

Forums: Scene lock
Graphisoft ArchiCAD (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Scene lock

Postby marek » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:52 am

marek Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:52 am
Paul,

Do you consider an option to have the OctaneRender window to be locked on a particular scene in Archicad while being possible to go on with the work in it without changing the rendered window?
Or it is a big deal?
Also, while the locked scene is being rendered is it possible to have the same like in a standalone OctaneRender feature, I mean re-sizing the OctaneRender window? Now: 'image zoom' -> WHEEL + Ctrl, of course, when the Lock aspect ratio is unchecked.

Or, at least, while in OctaneRender for Archicad Resolution Lock is on, to have the possibility of panning the rendered image by using mouse and/or a key instead of using the scroll bars?

Marek
marek
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Scene lock

Postby face_off » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:14 am

face_off Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:14 am
Do you consider an option to have the OctaneRender window to be locked on a particular scene in Archicad while being possible to go on with the work in it without changing the rendered window?
Or it is a big deal?
The 'X' to the far right of the Open Viewport does this.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:18 am

face_off Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:18 am
Also, while the locked scene is being rendered is it possible to have the same like in a standalone OctaneRender feature, I mean re-sizing the OctaneRender window? Now: 'image zoom' -> WHEEL + Ctrl, of course, when the Lock aspect ratio is unchecked.

Or, at least, while in OctaneRender for Archicad Resolution Lock is on, to have the possibility of panning the rendered image by using mouse and/or a key instead of using the scroll bars?
I'll need to go back and check - but I'm pretty sure the OctaneRender Viewport is NOT a Windows window - it's a blank ArchiCAD panel - where the renered bitmap gets paste onto a custom screen widget. And these widget unfortunately do NOT pick up mouse drag events or mouse wheel events. So it's not possible the implement this. But I will double-check went doing the next release.

I could however add a Zoom combo box to the Render tab of the Setup window.
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby marek » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:19 pm

marek Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:19 pm
The 'X' to the far right of the Open Viewport does this.

Wow! Brilliant!
You ask, you get it.

Awesome.

Marek
marek
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby marek » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:25 pm

marek Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:25 pm
I'll need to go back and check - but I'm pretty sure the OctaneRender Viewport is NOT a Windows window - it's a blank ArchiCAD panel - where the renered bitmap gets paste onto a custom screen widget. And these widget unfortunately do NOT pick up mouse drag events or mouse wheel events. So it's not possible the implement this. But I will double-check went doing the next release.

I could however add a Zoom combo box to the Render tab of the Setup window.

Thank you, Paul.
It'd be pretty helpful to have a kind of a little render preview window while doing the other stuff.

Marek
marek
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Graphisoft ArchiCAD