Crystal - **Update: Free Project Files

Forums: Crystal - **Update: Free Project Files
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Crystal - **Update: Free Project Files

Postby Daniel Ahrens » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:38 am

Daniel Ahrens Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:38 am
** Update

Hey Guys,

it has been a while and after a lot of requests I finally got around to cleaning up the projects files and rebuilding the shaders/textures so that I can offer them for free. Better late then never I hope.

These are the free projects files that were used to created the splash screen for Octane 2.xx. Please read the disclaimer before using them.

Disclaimer:

This is not an example on a great Shader/Texturing/Lighting setup, but rather how quickly and inexpensive you can create this scene.

The whole scene uses basic shaders and I have removed any Plug-Ins except Octane, so if you have C4D, AE and Octane you are good to go.

Since I am still in college, the scene was created with my Cinema 4D Student Licence, you will receive a warning when opening it with a commercial license to not use them commercially.

Please also find the included compositing file, which is essential for the scene to work visually. The 3D Scene is divided in a forgeround and background layer.

The crystal model was made with Debrimaker V2, rendered seperately and then combined in post. I made a small camera animation/render which you can find here:

https://vimeo.com/114965009

Have fun!

You can download the files here: http://danielahrens.net/resources/

If you would like to know something or have any questions you can contact me at info (at) danielahrens.net.

** Old Post
Hey Guys,

I am currently working on a long project and I wanted to mix it up with something small to have a little change.
So I rendered this crystal, which was made with debrimaker.

I used C4D with DL and about 2k samples. It was a quite fun for one evening and I might come back to this and try to get the crystal shaders a little nicer.
Now back to the other project :arrow: :geek:

I am happy for any criticism.

Update:
I just uploaded a small clip.

Last edited by Daniel Ahrens on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Daniel Ahrens
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Crystal

Postby pabloportorodrigues » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am

pabloportorodrigues Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am
Very nice Daniel, ;)
pabloportorodrigues
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nuno1980 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 pm

nuno1980 Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 pm
PT or PMC kernel.

See birefringence - very important but currently this material isn't avaliable in OR yet. ;)
NOTE: I'm sorry for bad english due to mute ;)

i7-12700KF
2x16GB RAM@DDR4-3600
MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
Zotac GF RTX 4090 NEW! <3 :mrgreen:
SSDs OCZ RD400 0.5TB and Crucial 2TB SATA3
HDD 1TB SATA2
LG BD-RE BH16NS40
PSU 1kW
CRT 21" Sony E530 :D
nuno1980
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby solidworkattack » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:42 am

solidworkattack Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:42 am
good job :)
Cinema R16 | Win 8.1 Pro | 2x Geforce GTX780 6GB | i7-4960X Extreme Edition | 16GB
solidworkattack
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Crystal - Updated with small Animation

Postby Daniel Ahrens » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:50 am

Daniel Ahrens Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:50 am
Thank you guys!
I just uploaded a small clip of the crystal.
Daniel Ahrens
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sorel » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:09 pm

Sorel Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:09 pm
This is beautiful. May I ask how you achieved that look?
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sportler » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:40 am

Sportler Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:40 am
Holy crap, this is a really cool crystal render :D I'm asssuming the ground plane has some sort of displacement attached to it? Regardless of how it is done though, I must say my favorite part of this render is the highly detailed ground :D Animation with comped dust is also excellent. Has a lot of depth and feels "cave-like". All inn all a good render of basic geometry!
GPU: 1x Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti
RAM: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz
CPU: 5950x
Sportler
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tugpsx » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:47 am

Tugpsx Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:47 am
Great job, the dust adds the realistic effect to the scene. Thanks for sharing.
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Daniel Ahrens » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:35 am

Daniel Ahrens Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:35 am
** Update

Hey Guys,

it has been a while and after a lot of requests I finally got around to cleaning up the projects files and rebuilding the shaders/textures so that I can offer them for free.

These are the free projects files that were used to created the splash screen for Octane 2.xx. Please read the disclaimer before using them.

Disclaimer:

This is not an example on a great Shader/Texturing/Lighting setup, but rather how quickly and inexpensive you can create this scene.

The whole scene uses basic shaders and I have removed any Plug-Ins except Octane, so if you have C4D, AE and Octane you are good to go.

Since I am still in college, the scene was created with my Cinema 4D Student Licence, you will receive a warning when opening it with a commercial license to not use them commercially.

Please also find the included compositing file, which is essential for the scene to work visually. The 3D Scene is divided in a forgeround and background layer.

The crystal model was made with Debrimaker V2, rendered seperately and then combined in post. I made a small camera animation/render which you can find here:

Have fun!

You can download the files here: http://danielahrens.net/resources/

If you would like to know something or have any questions you can contact me at info (at) danielahrens.net.
Daniel Ahrens
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Crystal - **Update: Free Project Files

Postby glimpse » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:36 am

glimpse Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:36 am
Thank You, Daniel! That's a beautiful scene ;)
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery