diningroom

Forums: diningroom
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: diningroom

Postby glimpse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 am

glimpse Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 am
gabrielefx wrote:
tonycho wrote:Hi Gabriele
have another question
why dont you use glossy material then increased some roughness etc
instead using mix material of diffuse and glossy :?:
do you found any different?

thanks before :)
TOny

Octane has an issue with smoothing. If you add a glossy mat with high roughness you will get dark surfaces if these surfaces are not facing the camera. Blending glossy+diffuse you will avoid this issue.

During this work I found a trick on how reduce the noise (not the rendering time).
Portal doesn't help to pass lights through widows . Then is a lot better to add invisible rectangular lights in front every window.
All the scene will receive more light and well distributed.
It's important to use glossy material for the glass with transparency set at 0,1, roughness at 0, reflection at 1, fresnel at 1.6

I added another shot.

It would be nice to have sort of multiplier in the future for portals so we would not have to go adding extra lights, but for now it seems this workaround is good way to deal with noise. Thanks for shareing!
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Rickky » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 am

Rickky Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 am
@Gabrielefx : can you tell me how you make these invisible rectangle lights. I put opacity at 0 for my diffuse shader but that's doesn't make the job :cry:
Rickky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hennerypaul » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:51 am

Hennerypaul Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:51 am
Yes I agree with you gabrielefx, Using glossy material is good specially with the combination of glass. It will increase the smoothness afterwords.
Hennerypaul

Previous

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery