Animation Camera Aperture Problem (Depth of Field)

Forums: Animation Camera Aperture Problem (Depth of Field)
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Animation Camera Aperture Problem (Depth of Field)

Postby Petec » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am

Petec Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am
Hi there, I seem to have an issue with animating in the Octane plugin and the camera aperture setting. It seems as though no matter what value I set for aperture in the Octane plugin when I let it animate the aperture value seems to snap back to another (lower) value after the geometry refresh to start the animation.

This seems to happen no matter if auto focus is on or off or if the eyeball icon (set to follow Poser's camera's focal distance) is toggled or not.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Petec
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Animation Camera Aperture Problem (Depth of Field)

Postby face_off » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:07 am

face_off Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:07 am
Can you please provide a simple scene (with just a cube in it) which demonstrates this problem, and also tell me the release number of the Poser plugin that you have installed please.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Animation Camera Aperture Problem (Depth of Field)

Postby Petec » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:15 am

Petec Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:15 am
face_off wrote:Can you please provide a simple scene (with just a cube in it) which demonstrates this problem, and also tell me the release number of the Poser plugin that you have installed please.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks Paul. Oddly enough it's an intermittent problem that affects some files and not others, and has cropped up over time in the past. The next time it pops up will try to package up the file so it can be diagnosed.
Petec
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser