Question about interior scene.

Forums: Question about interior scene.
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Question about interior scene.

Postby Erick » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:54 am

Erick Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:54 am
Just a noob question here...

I was having a bit of spare time these days and thought, I'd play a bit around and build a little room with some random *obj's (mostly out of boxes, scaling them, turning them and all that ...).
Putting materials on them.
One HDR image for the environment and sun for getting the light into the room. Also, underneath each ceiling light, is a non-visible light emitter (the square, generated by the script of the plug in, to "create emitter from current light") Every light source is set to pure white. Except for the lights in the wooden column, in the back of the room.

While rendering, I noticed, that the floor material, which is basically just a glossy mat. with an image map of a wooden floor (by Viz-PPL) put on it, was/is so very "dominant" in the whole room.
The side walls, but even more so the ceiling, which are all in a light grey RGB colour, very much are getting the tint of the floor to them.
The noob I am, thinks, that this is "normal" behaviour, in the case of a PBR engine, but my *cough* "artists eyes" *cough* are telling me, it's to much for my taste.
Is there a way, to kind of reduce this effect somehow? Meaning, that the floor material (the reflections of it) won't "contaminate" or "flood" the rest of the room so much?
Attachments
empty_room_s.jpg
Erick
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Question about interior scene.

Postby face_off » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:36 am

face_off Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:36 am
Looks fine to me!
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mlru » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:35 pm

mlru Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:35 pm
looks fine to me, too.
it's indirect colored light reflected from the white walls and ceiling.
you can raise the IOR on the walls and ceiling if they are glossy materials - or switch them to diffuse, tho, if you don't like it.
Win11/64Bit | GTX 4090 24GB | NVidia Driver 546.29 | Octane 4.05 | DAZ Studio 4.21
mlru
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Erick » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:49 pm

Erick Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:49 pm
Ok then, I just thought I set something not right.
Thanks for having a look :)
Erick
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser