OctaneRender 2 for Poser (Windows/OSX) [STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2 for Poser (Windows/OSX) [STABLE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser (Windows/OSX) 2.25 [STABLE]

Postby Inverse404 » Fri May 06, 2016 3:01 pm

Inverse404 Fri May 06, 2016 3:01 pm
Hello again Paul,

I'm currently working with some python generated landscapes, which come with complex multi-layered materials.
Unfortunately the Poser Plugin simply does not pick up any of the texture-blend color math nodes in poser's material setup even though I'm only using those that can be mapped directly to octane texture mapping nodes.

I'd like to either add more poser->octane material node mapping cases to the plugin's auto-convert function, or at least get a somewhat complete info on the formats of the pseudo-nodes that the plugin writes to poser materials when it saves the octane materials back, so I can generate them along with the poser material nodes.

The material and layer blending complexity and sheer amounts are too complex to be dealt with manually, especially as my use case is a recurring one and not tinkering of a one-time mega material collection setup.
Inverse404
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat May 07, 2016 12:06 am

face_off Sat May 07, 2016 12:06 am
I'm currently working with some python generated landscapes, which come with complex multi-layered materials.
Unfortunately the Poser Plugin simply does not pick up any of the texture-blend color math nodes in poser's material setup even though I'm only using those that can be mapped directly to octane texture mapping nodes.

I'd like to either add more poser->octane material node mapping cases to the plugin's auto-convert function, or at least get a somewhat complete info on the formats of the pseudo-nodes that the plugin writes to poser materials when it saves the octane materials back, so I can generate them along with the poser material nodes.

The material and layer blending complexity and sheer amounts are too complex to be dealt with manually, especially as my use case is a recurring one and not tinkering of a one-time mega material collection setup.
I assume it is you that is writing the python code to do all this? If so, you could either write a bunch of Octane nodes to the Poser Material as you indicate above (same as what happens when you "Save Octane Nodes To Poser Material" from the Materials tab of the plugin), or write to the plugin save info (http://poserphysics.blogspot.com.au/201 ... -from.html). Neither is going to be trivial to implement. Adding more material conversion rules is also doable, but it's something I would need to implement, and you would need to provide the rules such that they are unambiguous, and they would work universally for all users.

Paul

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Inverse404 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:17 am

Inverse404 Sat May 07, 2016 7:17 am
Thanks for that link, I think accessing the octane globals dictionary will work for this.
Inverse404
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Poser