Request

Forums: Request
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Request

Postby samhal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:39 pm

samhal Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:39 pm
Paul,

...and anybody, if I've missed an obvious and existing method of accomplishing this I apologize and please tell me how...

let's say I have an article of clothing that has many material zones to it (Alfaseed is famous for this). When brought into the plugin, the specular is set to 1 making it render white-ish. Currently I go thru and reduce each value to 0 to bring out the full texture, and adjust from there any specular I need. For me it's easier to start from 0 and adjust up a few, than to first bring everything down from 1.

Same goes for globally modifying default bump values. I usually ramp everything up to 1 from what I can tell is a default .05.

The request: Can something be done in the plugin for globally changing values?

What made me think of this, alot of poser textures have this light blue color in the diffuse channel thats great for firefly but I don't like it in Octane. From the plug-in, I went thru each material and set the color to white. Very time consuming. I did this only once, before I remembered Snarlygribbly's SceneFixer and now use it to globally change the diffuse to white in one step before sending it to the plugin

Thanks,
Sam
i7 6800K (6 core), 24 GB, GTX 1080 8gb, Titan X 12gb
samhal
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Request

Postby face_off » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:00 pm

face_off Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:00 pm
Hi

Whilst you cannot globally modify values in the plugin, you can adjust the default values in OctaneDetaults.py. For example, the default bump is set by the GLOSSY_BUMP_POWER value. Adjusting these should achieve part of what you want. Also, if a clothing item has many materials which are the same node setup, but different maps, simply "Copy" the adjusted material and "Paste to all materials for this figure" (can't remember the exact menu option name). And as you mentioned - you can "pre-adjust" things in the Poser material room first.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Request

Postby samhal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:42 pm

samhal Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:42 pm
Great, I'll check OctaneDetaults.py out...I haven't really looked at that much. Thanks!
i7 6800K (6 core), 24 GB, GTX 1080 8gb, Titan X 12gb
samhal
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser