AutoFocus doesn't stick and materials not updated. Why?

Forums: AutoFocus doesn't stick and materials not updated. Why?
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

AutoFocus doesn't stick and materials not updated. Why?

Postby RGUS » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:16 pm

RGUS Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:16 pm
Ok... love this latest release Paul, got the key field for nodes automatically highlighted for change. Great.
But... when I do a "Refresh the Octane scene from Poser" from The "Octane Render Setup (1.17a5)" window, the 'AF' needs re-selecting in the "Octane Render Viewport" window, it never use to do that... did it. I'm sure 'AF' wasn't lost and the render would continue with the updates from a refresh.
And... if I close octane, change the the texture of a V4 to another character, load Octane which goes through the "transferring octane from poser" sequence, the old texture of V4 is shown in the Render viewport, not the new one I just changed to. I have go to materials and refresh Victoria 4 for the changes to take effect. Am I missing something about auto update and refresh... probably.
Can we get rid of all the pop-up windows that I'm sure are rthere for testing, but pressing 'OK' on nearly every change in the materials tab is tedious and frustrating, especially when you just want to change things without all the dialogue.
WEB: http://rgus.deviantart.com/
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
RAM: 64GB
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Pro
OCTANE PLUGIN VERSION: 2022.1..1.302 Prime
DAZ STUDIO VERSION: 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit)
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: AutoFocus doesn't stick and materials not updated. Why?

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:04 am

face_off Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:04 am
But... when I do a "Refresh the Octane scene from Poser" from The "Octane Render Setup (1.17a5)" window, the 'AF' needs re-selecting in the "Octane Render Viewport" window, it never use to do that... did it.

Fixed in the next version.

And... if I close octane, change the the texture of a V4 to another character, load Octane which goes through the "transferring octane from poser" sequence, the old texture of V4 is shown in the Render viewport, not the new one I just changed to. I have go to materials and refresh Victoria 4 for the changes to take effect. Am I missing something about auto update and refresh... probably.

Changing a Poser material never updates the Octane material unless you "Re-Convert" in the Material tab of the plugin. I will add a menu option to refresh the image maps from the Poser material at some point in the near future. http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Poser/?page_id=61.

Can we get rid of all the pop-up windows that I'm sure are rthere for testing, but pressing 'OK' on nearly every change in the materials tab is tedious and frustrating, especially when you just want to change things without all the dialogue.

"Expert Mode" added to the next version.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby RGUS » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 am

RGUS Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 am
All sounds good Paul... thanks!
WEB: http://rgus.deviantart.com/
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
RAM: 64GB
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Pro
OCTANE PLUGIN VERSION: 2022.1..1.302 Prime
DAZ STUDIO VERSION: 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit)
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mlru » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:21 am

mlru Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:21 am
RGUS wrote:And... if I close octane, change the the texture of a V4 to another character, load Octane which goes through the "transferring octane from poser" sequence, the old texture of V4 is shown in the Render viewport, not the new one I just changed to. I have go to materials and refresh Victoria 4 for the changes to take effect. Am I missing something about auto update and refresh... probably.

A better way IMO is to export your figures materials from the Octane plugin.
Then you can assign new materials within Poser, re-import them from Poser into the Plugin and then re-import the exported materials while keeping the existing texture maps. This is especially useful if you use more complex shaders than the automatically generated glossy nodes.
Win11/64Bit | GTX 4090 24GB | NVidia Driver 546.29 | Octane 4.05 | DAZ Studio 4.21
mlru
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Ken1171 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Ken1171 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:59 pm
After editing all scene materials, I have to go 1-by-1 and save them back to Poser, right? Couldn't there be an option to update ALL materials back to Poser? I edit materials a LOT, and can't remember which ones I have edited, and have to go through an endless session of mouse clicking to save ALL materials back to Poser. If I forger any of them, the changes will be lost when I close the plugin or Poser.

It would be nice if we could "save ALL materials back to Poser" in 1 step if all possible?
Ken1171
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:12 pm

face_off Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:12 pm
After editing all scene materials, I have to go 1-by-1 and save them back to Poser, right? Couldn't there be an option to update ALL materials back to Poser? I edit materials a LOT, and can't remember which ones I have edited, and have to go through an endless session of mouse clicking to save ALL materials back to Poser. If I forger any of them, the changes will be lost when I close the plugin or Poser.

All the Octane materials get saved to the pz3 file when you save the Poser scene. You don't have to save the materials back to the Poser material. To save all the materials back to the Poser Material, rightclick the figure in the plugin materials tab and select "Save all materials for this figure/prop to poser materials".
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Poser