Problem with some textures

Forums: Problem with some textures
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Problem with some textures

Postby Nat » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Nat Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:14 pm
Hello. I just purchased the plugin this morning, so I'm a newbie.
Some texture are not converted, and look strange (see clothes, tanktop and short, white, cell shaded). In opposite, shoes's textures and skin work very well..
What's the problem, please? :oops:
PBtextures.jpg

Thanks in advance!
course2d.jpg
The result: no texture on clothes
Nat
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Problem with some textures

Postby face_off » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:05 pm

face_off Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:05 pm
Hi Nat

My first guess is that there is no texturemap for the shirt, and it has a white RBG node plugged into the diffuse or alt_diffuse node (in the Poser Material). If you post a screenshot of the Poser material for the shift, I could confirm that.

If you go into the Material Room for the shift material, click the "Simply" tab. The plugin is taking the color and texturemap that is listed in the "Diffuse Color" box. If the color is "hidden" behind a network of nodes in the "Advanced" tab, the plugin will sometimes not detect which color is to be used. The next version of the plugin will provide an option to convert the material using a more detailed analysis of the Poser Material node network (but only be an option, since it will be slower to convert all materials).

So in summary, set the shirt color in the Diffuse_Color plug of the PoserSurface node in the "Advanced" tab, or simply set the color in the plugin for that material.

Sorry for the long answer.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Nat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 am

Nat Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 am
Thank you for your answer.
If I go to the material room, I see all my textures, but nothing appears when rendering.
If I take a new scene, everything is OK, all my textures are rendered.

I have to understand that if I make a first render with Octane with some textures, and if I change some textures of the scene, changes will not appear for me when I re-render. It seems that new textures are in the material room, but are not taken by the octane render (ethen though I refreshed...)

Is it allowed to change a scene after a first render? And how can I refresh all the textures?

Thank you for your help... :?
Nat
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:05 am

face_off Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:05 am
Hi Nat

The typical workflow is that once you run the plugin for a particular scene, the "master copy" of the textures is then in the plugin rather than the Poser Material, so changing the Poser Material does not automatically update the material in the plugin. If you want to transfer any changes you made in the Poser Material back to the plugin, rightclick the figure (or "scene") in the Material tab of the plugin, and select "Re-import [scene/figure] from Poser". That will re-convert the Poser material into the Octane plugin.

In general, most users tweak the materials in the plugin (Materials tab) rather than back in the Poser Material Room.

The "Refresh" scene on the Setting tab of the plugin loads new geometry and new materials, but does not overwrite or Materials (since you may have changed them in the plugin).

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:09 am

face_off Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:09 am
Given this is the second time this issue has been raised today - I've amended the FAQ - see response 22.
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Poser