SSS scale for scattering medium

Forums: SSS scale for scattering medium
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: SSS scale for scattering medium

Postby Witpapier » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 am

Witpapier Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 am
thanx .... Ill play with the info and upoad the result. :)
RedSpec TGX for Poser / OctaneRender - OUT NOW visit http://redspec-sss.com/
Witpapier
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Witpapier » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Witpapier Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 pm
@face_off What would you say looks to be the best settings to achieve the most realistic look. I like the sss I got by playing with the sss settings including the tips you gave me. then I like the Specular material ive been playing around with, yet I just wonder if there is a way to combine the sss of the first with the specular realism of the second. do you have any Idea of how I might achieve this?
Attachments
Face 2 redz spec perfect settings.jpg
The settings I've used for my specular effect.
Face 2 redz spec perfect.jpg
This is my own material settings I played with a bit more using specular instead of glossy, with bumpmap under specular.
Face 2 sss c.jpg
Original Poser image imported with the plugin with before mentioned sss settings with the addition of face_off"s tips with a bit of roughness added to glossy node.
Face 2 sss b.jpg
Original Poser image imported with the plugin with before mentioned sss settings with the addition of face_off"s tips
Face 2 sss.jpg
Original Poser image imported with the plugin with before mentioned sss settings
Face 2.jpg
Original Poser Image imported with the plugin
Witpapier
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 pm

face_off Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 pm
Her eyelashes look fantastic!

And her eyes very good too. Might I suggest reduce the reflection a little?

Her eyewhites are being impacted by the eye cover (they are sharing the same vertices). Reduce rayelipson as much as you can to help with this. plus, with PMC - reduce the direct light important (kernel setting) to get more light in there. You can also set the eye cover opacity to 0.5 (down from 1) to help with this.

Skin realism : It's a little hard to see which is the best because her face shape is not super realistic. A realistic face morph will add more to realism than the shader. Regardless...the first one does look very good. I would try to "blow out" the specular more (it's too crisp) - setting the film width to 1 would help. I noted the scale of the texturemap is not the same as the bump map - might be worth checking that out.

With skin shaders - you will get it perfect for one set of lighting conditions, and then it looks poor on your next render which uses different lighting. It's an iterative process - where you get it right doing a range of renders - try copying photo's a replicating the lighting and then the skin.

Overall - looking very good.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Witpapier » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Witpapier Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 pm
thanx :D Now Lemme get to fixing those eyes.
Witpapier
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Poser