Does plugin export animation to standalone ?

Forums: Does plugin export animation to standalone ?
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Does plugin export animation to standalone ?

Postby alaman64 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:26 pm

alaman64 Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:26 pm
Hi,

I need to render an 3D Side by side animation using the panoramic lens, my only option is the stand alone app until the plugin has a working panoramic lens. So if i create my animation in studio, then load the plugin, and i do export complete scene, will it export the complete animation or just the current frame? I did the above, but was not able to see the animation in the stand alone app.

Thanks,
Asus Z97-A / usb 3.1 - Windows 10 - 980 ti - Titan Black - Titan Z - Daz Studio
alaman64
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Does plugin export animation to standalone ?

Postby toby_a » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:45 pm

toby_a Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:45 pm
alaman64 wrote:Hi,

I need to render an 3D Side by side animation using the panoramic lens, my only option is the stand alone app until the plugin has a working panoramic lens. So if i create my animation in studio, then load the plugin, and i do export complete scene, will it export the complete animation or just the current frame? I did the above, but was not able to see the animation in the stand alone app.

Hi. Yes, you can export the animation but it is a separate option, confusingly called "Alembic export".

alembic-export.png

This will create both an ".abc" file and an ".ocs" file; the latter can be loaded into Octane Standalone.

Cheers,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Does plugin export animation to standalone ?

Postby SiliconAya » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:49 am

SiliconAya Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:49 am
Just a little extra info: Alembic is a common industry standard(?) open file format for exporting and importing animations and is supported by a lot of 3d programs; Maya, Blender, Houdini and UE4/5 just to list a few. DazStudio does have an alembic export/import plugin, but it costs $90 on the Daz store when not on sale, so this is a bonus for users of the Octane plugin.
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio