OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 67 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 67 [OBSOLETE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 67 [Test]

Postby toby_a » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:23 pm

toby_a Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:23 pm
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Seems like animation rendering is broken in this one its render the image but when saving it it looks like its been rendered like 1 min and is really grainy compared what was in the viewport before it saves

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

The animation render is intended be the same as the final render. If you activate final render mode, does it render correctly? I'm just wondering if the problem is only with the animation render or also with the final render.

Oh, you mention "rendered like 1 min" - I'm guessing you mean that you're expecting it to take longer to render and it looks like it has stopped early, is that right?

Thanks,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:09 pm

Hun73rdk_1 Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:09 pm
toby_a wrote:
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Seems like animation rendering is broken in this one its render the image but when saving it it looks like its been rendered like 1 min and is really grainy compared what was in the viewport before it saves

The animation render is intended be the same as the final render. If you activate final render mode, does it render correctly? I'm just wondering if the problem is only with the animation render or also with the final render.

Oh, you mention "rendered like 1 min" - I'm guessing you mean that you're expecting it to take longer to render and it looks like it has stopped early, is that right?

Thanks,
Toby.

it rendered almost 1.5 hours and looked like it just rendered 1 min after saving the picture with finale render it was a crisp render and looked good but in animation it looked like it was not rendered at all when it was finished after 1.5 hours and was all insane grainy like the render was stopped a minute into the render
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby toby_a » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:30 pm

toby_a Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:30 pm
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:
toby_a wrote:

Thanks,
Toby.

it rendered almost 1.5 hours and looked like it just rendered 1 min after saving the picture with finale render it was a crisp render and looked good but in animation it looked like it was not rendered at all when it was finished after 1.5 hours and was all insane grainy like the render was stopped a minute into the render

Ah, I see, thank you. If you don't mind, can you please let me know:

• Which was the last version that worked correctly?
  • Do you have the "Use render subdivision level" option on?
  • Do you have any dForce or strand-based hair in your scene?
  • Are you saving multiple layers during the animation? Which format? Probably best to screenshot the Animation settings.

Thanks,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:21 am

Hun73rdk_1 Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:21 am
Ah, I see, thank you. If you don't mind, can you please let me know:

• Which was the last version that worked correctly?
  • Do you have the "Use render subdivision level" option on?
  • Do you have any dForce or strand-based hair in your scene?
  • Are you saving multiple layers during the animation? Which format? Probably best to screenshot the Animation settings.

Thanks,
Toby.

Man when did i last make an animation think it was 2 version ago and did not have dforce in it and no strandbased hair and have subd on and did not use layers

just an update there was a hidden dforce dress on the woman but i have never had problems with dforce in renders before
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby toby_a » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:20 am

toby_a Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:20 am
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Man when did i last make an animation think it was 2 version ago and did not have dforce in it and no strandbased hair and have subd on and did not use layers

just an update there was a hidden dforce dress on the woman but i have never had problems with dforce in renders before

Thanks, from what I can see, the recent changes shouldn't have impacted the render quality for you, and I can't reproduce any problem like this, which I realise is not very helpful for you!

Are you able to try saving an animation using this same scene and settings with an older version of the plugin? That would be really helpful in narrowing down which change might have caused this issue.

Also, have you checked whether the camera, environment and render settings you have selected for animation give good results in normal and final renders?

I just re-read your original message and I might have misunderstood something - can you please confirm whether the saved image matches the image shown in the OctaneRender Viewport window during the animation render or if they're different?

Thanks,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:42 am

Hun73rdk_1 Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:42 am
toby_a wrote:
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Man when did i last make an animation think it was 2 version ago and did not have dforce in it and no strandbased hair and have subd on and did not use layers

Thanks, from what I can see, the recent changes shouldn't have impacted the render quality for you, and I can't reproduce any problem like this, which I realise is not very helpful for you!

Are you able to try saving an animation using this same scene and settings with an older version of the plugin? That would be really helpful in narrowing down which change might have caused this issue.

Also, have you checked whether the camera, environment and render settings you have selected for animation give good results in normal and final renders?

I just re-read your original message and I might have misunderstood something - can you please confirm whether the saved image matches the image shown in the OctaneRender Viewport window during the animation render or if they're different?

Thanks,
Toby.

I have tried again and made some screenshots for you to look at 1 in viewport with snippet tool and one of the saved image in the animation

Finished-saved.jpg is what octane saved to disk before moving to next frame Viewport-snippet .jpg is from viewport right before octane saved and moved on to next frame
Attachments
Finished-saved.jpg
Finished render
Viewport-snippet .jpg
From Viewport before save and next frame
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby toby_a » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:08 am

toby_a Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:08 am
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:
toby_a wrote:

Thanks,
Toby.

I have tried again and made some screenshots for you to look at 1 in viewport with snippet tool and one of the saved image in the animation

Finished-saved.jpg is what octane saved to disk before moving to next frame Viewport-snippet .jpg is from viewport right before octane saved and moved on to next frame

Thanks for that. It definitely looks like it is saving the image from earlier in the rendering process.

Do you have instances in your scene? That is, do you get the warning dialog saying "Mesh couldn't be combined because the scene contains instances"?

It'd be really helpful if you could confirm that this issue doesn't exist in builds 65 or 66.

Thanks,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:11 am

Hun73rdk_1 Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:11 am

Thanks for that. It definitely looks like it is saving the image from earlier in the rendering process.

Do you have instances in your scene? That is, do you get the warning dialog saying "Mesh couldn't be combined because the scene contains instances"?

It'd be really helpful if you could confirm that this issue doesn't exist in builds 65 or 66.

Thanks,
Toby.[/quote]

Version 65 works fine need to test 66 but to tired need sleep :D
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kanne » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:53 pm

Kanne Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:53 pm
Got the same problem rendering animations that result in a noisy output. I save the frames as tonemapped exr files. Probably the denoiser didn't even run, which is setup. Using latest build.
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:50 pm

Hun73rdk_1 Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:50 pm
Kanne wrote:Got the same problem rendering animations that result in a noisy output. I save the frames as tonemapped exr files. Probably the denoiser didn't even run, which is setup. Using latest build.

I am not even using denoiser so there is more than one problem
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio