No motion blur? .. Still?

Forums: No motion blur? .. Still?
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

No motion blur? .. Still?

Postby SparkieShock » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:19 am

SparkieShock Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:19 am
Trying to render animation and although there is still a checkbox for 'Motion blur' it's not producing any kind of blur at all.
I know that years ago (back in 2018) this was something that was considered non working) .. but we're now 4 years on and the check box is still there but the functionality STILL doesn't seem to work?

Or .. if I've missed a step to be able to render it I'd sure like to know what one has to do for it. Or is this simply never EVER going to be a thing in DAZ Octane?
Win 10 Pro Edition - Intel i0 10900X - X299 MB - 128GB's KINGSTON FURY 3200 RAM - 2x RTX A6000 GPU's - 1300 Watt Power
DAZ3D - BLENDER - OCTANE STANDALONE and PLUGIN FOR DAZ - OCTANE PRIME for DAZ
SparkieShock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: No motion blur? .. Still?

Postby birdovous » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:08 am

birdovous Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:08 am
The only motion blur that works and can be rendered is camera motion blur. So if you have a camera in motion, and camera motion blur enabled, then it renders correctly.

However, object motion blur (stationary camera, but moving objects) does not work...

Yeah... after all those years... That is why I'm sticking with version 4 (last version supporting the Pay to Own licensing model) of the plugin as I really don't see any reason to upgrade and pay for sub when the DAZ plugin (which is the only part of Octane I'm actually using) is in a total state of disarray and most of Octane features are not even supported by the plugin anyway...
Birdovous
Master: Core i7 2600K, 32GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX Titan X (SC)
Slave 1: Core i5 4460, 16GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
Slave 2: Core i7 9700K, 64GB RAM, 2x ASUS RTX 2080 Ti
birdovous
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SparkieShock » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:17 am

SparkieShock Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:17 am
Interesting .. good to know at least there's 'SOME' kind of motion blur available.
Yes I also have the Version 4 Octane on my other machine, though I did purchase a seperate license for my new render rig, hoping to take advantage of the RTX features and all that. Not sure if V4 supports RTX? .. I don't think it does. But for sure that was an incentive for me to upgrade .. but I have two Octane licenses now.

I did a test shot of the Starship Enterprise flying by the camera and no motion blur came out .. but it's interesting to see if I can redo this but instead of having the starship fly by .. the camera will do the move instead. Hope it works .. kinda tired of the lack of motion blur. Like serious OTOY .. just take off the sodding checkbox it it's NEVER going to work!?! Been waiting since 2018 for this feature.

So thanks for the advice .. I'll go give this a try.

birdovous wrote:The only motion blur that works and can be rendered is camera motion blur. So if you have a camera in motion, and camera motion blur enabled, then it renders correctly.

However, object motion blur (stationary camera, but moving objects) does not work...

Yeah... after all those years... That is why I'm sticking with version 4 (last version supporting the Pay to Own licensing model) of the plugin as I really don't see any reason to upgrade and pay for sub when the DAZ plugin (which is the only part of Octane I'm actually using) is in a total state of disarray and most of Octane features are not even supported by the plugin anyway...
Win 10 Pro Edition - Intel i0 10900X - X299 MB - 128GB's KINGSTON FURY 3200 RAM - 2x RTX A6000 GPU's - 1300 Watt Power
DAZ3D - BLENDER - OCTANE STANDALONE and PLUGIN FOR DAZ - OCTANE PRIME for DAZ
SparkieShock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby birdovous » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:01 am

birdovous Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:01 am
SparkieShock wrote:Yes I also have the Version 4 Octane on my other machine, though I did purchase a seperate license for my new render rig, hoping to take advantage of the RTX features and all that. Not sure if V4 supports RTX? .. I don't think it does.

In one of my network nodes, I'm running two RTX 2080Ti cards and those work with version 4 just fine. They are faster than both the GTX 1080Ti in the other node and Titans X in my main workstation where I actually run DAZ on. So, Octane v4 may not support the actual RTX features, but it does support the raw power of the RTX 20xx series cards. Not sure about RTX 30xx series as I don't own any such card.

Also for the Camera Motion Blur - you need to configure that in the Octane part of the DAZ camera properties to get the results you want (turning the actual camera motion blur on and off and setting the simulated camera shutter speed etc.).
Birdovous
Master: Core i7 2600K, 32GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX Titan X (SC)
Slave 1: Core i5 4460, 16GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
Slave 2: Core i7 9700K, 64GB RAM, 2x ASUS RTX 2080 Ti
birdovous
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mlru » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:23 pm

mlru Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:23 pm
For object motion blur like fans or propellers I usually export the animation and render it in the stand-alone version.
Win11/64Bit | GTX 4090 24GB | NVidia Driver 546.29 | Octane 4.05 | DAZ Studio 4.21
mlru
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio