LAMH (Look At My Hair) freezes OcDS on load

Forums: LAMH (Look At My Hair) freezes OcDS on load
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

LAMH (Look At My Hair) freezes OcDS on load

Postby valzheimer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:00 pm

valzheimer Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:00 pm
I'm very sure I didn't have this in OcDS version 4 and previous as I use LAMH furs a lot, but since starting to use Prime Free Tier (2020) OcDs window freezes as soon as I load any LAMH preset. LAMH presets don't render and never have as they are (logically) but I use them to export them to OBJ through LAMH plugin, which does require having LAMH hairs/splines in the scene shortly, but from loading them OcDs is useless until Daz Studio gets completely restarted.

One workaround I managed to come up with was to temporarily disable the plugin from the pane (right click>disable Octane), load LAMH, do my export, remove LAMH splines from the scene and then re-enable the plugin and continue, but freeze itself never happened in previous versions.

Can anyone confirm this happening to them as well and is this a known bug?
Thanks,
V.
valzheimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: LAMH (Look At My Hair) freezes OcDS on load

Postby face_off » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:19 pm

face_off Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:19 pm
Hi - this is not a known bug. I do not have LAMH, so cannot confirm the issue. I'm not aware of anything that has changed in the plugin since version 4 which would cause this issue.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: LAMH (Look At My Hair) freezes OcDS on load

Postby valzheimer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 pm

valzheimer Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 pm
Well I'm not sure what is happening. Two of the presets I regularly use on the Hivewire Cat model seem to lock it up and I can't do anything when OcDs is active (not even open a new scene), but the Bear Cub model from AM doesn't repeat the behavior when loaded with LAMH for some reason. There's nothing in the log that would explain it but I used HW Cat with LAMH in Octane numerous times in versions 4 and previous and this hasn't happened before. I guess I'll have to check inside the plugin if I can do any changes on the fur that would stop this from happening. As for LAMH, all furs work with AM's free player too, it doesn't require the paid plugin, and furs for the HW cat are free ones, but HW Cat model is not free to check.

I reinstalled the plugin clean and cleared the entire data folder, it didn't help.
Attachments
lanh3.jpg
lanh2.jpg
lamh.jpg
valzheimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio