cannot scale the node editor

Forums: cannot scale the node editor
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

cannot scale the node editor

Postby crackfox » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:25 pm

crackfox Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:25 pm
title says it all.
i have the cursor change into the two arrows up-down, but the window wont change its height when dragging from above.

the editor seems to be super tall. it extends off screen so i cant even try and scale it from below.
i tried to place it on the second monitor and it dissapeared but resetting all of the panels brought it back and i docked it on the left.

also shortcuts, like copy/paste are not working in the material tab, undo is also not working.
makes tweaking materials very difficult.

edit:copy paste works in the node editor (does not work in the octane main tab), undo is still not working though in either panels.
crackfox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: cannot scale the node editor

Postby face_off » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:43 am

face_off Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:43 am
You can use the mousewheel to scale the nodegraph editor window.

You probably need to click the top right of the nodegraph window and select "Make Pane Undockable" in order to move it to another monitor.

Yes, Undo, Redo and Copy do not appear to work. Paste looks to the working.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: cannot scale the node editor

Postby crackfox » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:09 pm

crackfox Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:09 pm
thanks you so much paul.

that friggin did it. fantastic.

as to the mousewheel thing - thats a no go on the wacom tablets. there is no such thing as a wheel.
my workaround is doubleclicking to get closer, its no biggie. main thing i can use the second screen real-estate.
having an alternative mouse combo for the zoom in on wacom would be nice at some point though.

now i have the nodes on the left screen, main screen is daz and cintiq on a mechanical arm running the viewport.
stoked about this setup tbh.

small edit: just so happened that maximised node editor on the second screen disappeared underneath this browser. making daz active by clicking on it did not bring it to front but minimizing/maximising brought it back.
tiny glitch i guess. only happens when i type this post fwiw.

thanks again,
crackfox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio