"Layer Group" - Node

Forums: "Layer Group" - Node
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

"Layer Group" - Node

Postby Banti » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:54 pm

Banti Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:54 pm
This is something i have been wondering ever since i started using the plugin. When i auto-convert the materials of a Genesis 8 figure, the result is nearly always a diffuse material and a glossy material combinded through a mix-material node. But there is also this "Layer Group" Node that is plugged into both of the materials. I was just wondering what this node actually does? Does it serve any function/purpose?
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: "Layer Group" - Node

Postby face_off » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:45 am

face_off Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:45 am
Hi - please see https://docs.otoy.com/StandaloneH_STA/StandaloneManual.htm#StandaloneSTA/MaterialLayersLayerGroup.htm?Highlight=layer%20group for info on the Layer Group node in Octane Standalone.

The DAZStudio specific implementation notes are:

Code: Select all
2019.1.0.45 (25-Aug-2019)
- Compiled with Octane 2019.1 RC3
- Added 4 new Material Layer nodes from Octane 2019.1. The Layer Group node has not been implemented due to having a variable number of pins.

So you can change the node type of the "Layer Group" pin to one of the 4 new Material Layer nodes, but you cannot have multiple Material Layers as you can in Octane Standalone.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: "Layer Group" - Node

Postby Banti » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:44 am

Banti Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:44 am
face_off wrote:Hi - please see https://docs.otoy.com/StandaloneH_STA/StandaloneManual.htm#StandaloneSTA/MaterialLayersLayerGroup.htm?Highlight=layer%20group for info on the Layer Group node in Octane Standalone.

The DAZStudio specific implementation notes are:

Code: Select all
2019.1.0.45 (25-Aug-2019)
- Compiled with Octane 2019.1 RC3
- Added 4 new Material Layer nodes from Octane 2019.1. The Layer Group node has not been implemented due to having a variable number of pins.

So you can change the node type of the "Layer Group" pin to one of the 4 new Material Layer nodes, but you cannot have multiple Material Layers as you can in Octane Standalone.

Thanks

Paul

I see, thanks for the clarification :)

Banti
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio