Octane viewer zoom

Forums: Octane viewer zoom
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Octane viewer zoom

Postby sinfulsecrets » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:24 pm

sinfulsecrets Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:24 pm
Not sure why when I have the octane viewport open i am no longer able to zoom in on the render. All it does is scroll up and down which is very annoying.

Is it a setting I changed by accident or a bug?
Can't get anything right...
sinfulsecrets
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane viewer zoom

Postby jmdarko » Fri May 24, 2019 6:04 am

jmdarko Fri May 24, 2019 6:04 am
Same problem here, i can't zoom in and if i double click the viewer it just pulls the image to the bottom, really annoying.
jmdarko
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby huakiami » Fri May 24, 2019 4:42 pm

huakiami Fri May 24, 2019 4:42 pm
I had this issue as well. Was affecting both the Octane viewport and the Node Graph Editor - scrolling the mouse wheel in either would just scroll up and down and not zoom in and out.

I was able to resolve it by reinstalling the plugin. Though before you do that maybe try deleting the file at C:\Users\[username]\OctaneRender\Data\OctaneRender_settings.oczdb and see if that fixes it (I had not tried this first).
huakiami
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Isotemod » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:03 pm

Isotemod Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:03 pm
Hi Im experiencing this issue after installing 4.11 and im unable to get zoom working again in Octane viewport and Material node view.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Daz3d and Octane Render and deleted OctaneRender_settings.oczdb before the reinstallation.
Isotemod
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Isotemod » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Isotemod Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:27 pm
Isotemod wrote:Hi Im experiencing this issue after installing 4.11 and im unable to get zoom working again in Octane viewport and Material node view.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Daz3d and Octane Render and deleted OctaneRender_settings.oczdb before the reinstallation.

After testing Windows 10 update KB4503286 is responsible. Uninstalling allows zoom and reinstalling it causes scrolling.

Strike that its not working again.
Isotemod
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:29 am

rajib Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:29 am
I think there are bugs in the Octane code that affects the mouse. When any of the mouse issue occurs, I find if you mouse over the Octane Viewport the cursor will change to something other that the normal hand cursor. If that happens, I click one of the button on top of the Octane Viewport window e.g. The Edit Octane Materials in NGE button to turn it on and off again. Then when you mouse over the Octane Viewport the cursor should be the normal hand cursor. Then I click once inside the Octane viewport (cursor still as hand cursor). After that things work okay until the next time it occurs and I repeat the above. For me it manifest as not being able to enter any values in Daz manually and sometimes trying to move the render image around changes the Daz Viewport view.
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:41 pm

face_off Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:41 pm
If you can provide an exact set of steps which reproduces this problem, I can take a closer look. I cannot get the plugin to go into a state where the zoom does not work.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby rajib » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:00 pm

rajib Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:00 pm
face_off wrote:If you can provide an exact set of steps which reproduces this problem, I can take a closer look. I cannot get the plugin to go into a state where the zoom does not work.

Paul

Hi Paul,

It is pretty much impossible to give steps. For me it manifests after working on the scene for a some time. In general I would be doing camera positioning, morphs changes on my characters or items on the scene while the render is going on, editing in NGE or the Quick Edit sub tab. Some changes I will do by moving the slider and some by clicking and typing... And then out of the blue the clicking and typing won't work anymore and the cursor for me will change to the resize cursor when I mouse over the Octane Viewport after that happens - suggesting somehow the Octane Viewport thinks the resize button was clicked. Maybe you can check where in the code the SetCursor is done to change the cursor that is displayed when the mouse is over Octane Viewport. I don't know if there is any keyboard shortcut that is triggering it.

Regards,
Rajib
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:19 pm

face_off Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:19 pm
It is pretty much impossible to give steps. For me it manifests after working on the scene for a some time. In general I would be doing camera positioning, morphs changes on my characters or items on the scene while the render is going on, editing in NGE or the Quick Edit sub tab. Some changes I will do by moving the slider and some by clicking and typing... And then out of the blue the clicking and typing won't work anymore and the cursor for me will change to the resize cursor when I mouse over the Octane Viewport after that happens - suggesting somehow the Octane Viewport thinks the resize button was clicked. Maybe you can check where in the code the SetCursor is done to change the cursor that is displayed when the mouse is over Octane Viewport. I don't know if there is any keyboard shortcut that is triggering it.
If it's happening on one scene, does it then happen on all? If you restart DAZStudio does it fix the issue?

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby rajib » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 pm

rajib Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 pm
face_off wrote:If it's happening on one scene, does it then happen on all? If you restart DAZStudio does it fix the issue?

Paul

For me it happens on all scenes. If it happens, like I had mentioned, I will click any of the buttons on the Octane Viewport to toggle them (cursor will go back to the hand cursor when mouse over the render area) and then click inside the render area , things go back to normal until it occurs again and I repeat my workaround (I don't need to close and open Daz as the workaround allows me to continue). Sometimes it happens pretty fast, sometimes it can be 15 minutes to half an hour of work before it appears. But the symptom I see is the cursor will change to a diagonal line with arrows on both side (when mouse over the Octane Viewport render area) on it's own and though I will be able to click on a Daz / Octane control, I will not be able to type any value until I do my workaround. So looks like all key stroke at that moment either goes to the Octane Viewport or somewhere else. Let me see if I can dig up the old spy++ tool of Visual Studio and see which window the key strokes are going when that happens.
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio