RedSpec TGX tailored MK3 for G3F & G8F is here!

Forums: RedSpec TGX tailored MK3 for G3F & G8F is here!
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: RedSpec TGX tailored MK3 for G3F & G8F is here!

Postby TRRazor » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:53 pm

TRRazor Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:53 pm
As most of you have already noticed, we've updated the MK3-shaders to include support for Genesis 8 Females as well.
This is update is free of charge for existing MK3-shader users.

This includes quite a lot of new stuff and the Genesis 3 Female shaders have been updated with the same content as well.

The new content includes:

- Support for Genesis 8 Females
- New iris, sclera, eye moisture and cornea shaders
- New teeth and mouth shaders
- New fingernail and toenail shader with presets for normal and glossy nails
- New eyelash shader coming in several color options (Black, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Dark Red, Light Red, Light Blonde, Medium Blonde, Light Grey)
- Support for Victoria 8s anatomical fiber mesh eyebrows with several color options (Black, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Dark Red, Light Red, Light Blonde, Medium Blonde, Light Grey) Please only use these with Victoria 8 and her base materials, as they rely heavily on texture filtering, which will make other character textures look off.
- A special custom set of materials based on the Genesis 8 Female shader, tailored to Victoria 8 and her corresponding materials.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THESES SHADERS REQUIRE A REINSTALL FROM THE .EXE-FILE: PLEASE ALSO EXTRACT THE INCLUDED .ZIP TO WHERE YOU WOULD USUALLY INSTALL YOUR DAZ STUDIO CONTENT TO.

We hope that you like this shader update and our continuous efforts to add value to the MK3 line of shaders.

Our next development efforts will focus towards RedSpec TGX Wet and updating the Genesis 2 and Millennium 4 shader lines. (For DAZ Studio AND Poser)

Let us know what you think!

As always: Happy Rendering

Noel & Hermann

EDIT: THE FIRST FILES SENT OUT ABOUT 12 HOURS AGO CONTAINED FAULTY FILE REFERENCES. WE'VE FIXED THIS AND ISSUED ANOTHER FILE UPDATE. PLEASE REINSTALL THE SHADERS AND EXTRACT THE INCLUDED .ZIP-FILE TO THE CORRESPONDING FOLDER ON YOUR SYSTEM. Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused for you.
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: RedSpec TGX tailored MK3 for G3F is here!

Postby Hydra » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:30 am

Hydra Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:30 am
I can't get gens to work.

I just downloaded all the latest... Octane, Daz, Redspec.

I loaded a G3F and applied anatomical elements. I then applied a base texture to the model.

I applied the body redspec shader to the body... and I applied the Genital shader to the gens.. Replace active maps, and everything works except the gens.

The gens are totally the wrong color, and in Octane the shader is some how mapped to the torso texture. They are showing that they are using the character's gens texture, and the redspec SSS texture if that helps.
-----------------
Intel i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, Corsair 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9, 2XAsus STRIX GTX980 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 4XSamsung 840 EVO Raid 10, Win 7 x64 Pro.
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:47 am

TRRazor Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:47 am
We had to update the shaders shortly after we initially released them, due to a wrong file reference.
Did you get those last released ones, or are you still working with the initially released ones?

Also: Are you using the with Normal Map or the Bump Maps only preset?
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DrHemulen » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:46 am

DrHemulen Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:46 am
I had the same issue. I went through the materials, and it seems that the genital preset has a lot of the basic settings a bit off. Stuff like power, gamma and roughness is different in several places. I adjusted them by hand and the ended up looking the same in the render.
That was the normal mapped variant I think. I downloaded the files on the 29th.

But thanks for updating this so fast and comprehensively, the new preset system is working extremely well. I'm having stange issues with the lip presets, but that might just be me needing to read something I missed.
GTX 780, 6 gigs of VRAM - Win 7 Home Premium 64 bits
DrHemulen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:02 am

TRRazor Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:02 am
That was the normal mapped variant I think. I downloaded the files on the 29th.

We updated the initial release on the 24th, so you should have the most recent files there.

I just did check the Normal Map and Bump Only material presets for the genitalia and couldn't find anything wrong, when looking at them in the OctaneRender viewport.
If you could let me know if there's anything wrong, I'd appreciate it. Same goes for the lips material.
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DrHemulen » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:53 am

DrHemulen Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:53 am
I'll take a look at it tonight, things are sometimes a bit weird and hard to reproduce with OCDS :D
DrHemulen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:26 pm

TRRazor Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:26 pm
I'll take a look at it tonight

Thanks a lot, I'll make sure to reply swiftly :)
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hydra » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:12 pm

Hydra Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:12 pm
I just redownloaded the redspec G3F shaders... I did have the older one. (Revision numbers on files would be helpful.)

I redid everything... and its not working. I'm using Bump maps for the texture but I could use the normal... (Its not generally relevant since in this case, all the textures are outright crazy wrong.)

It doesn't look like its even been tested.

Also is there anything I should know about G3M?
-----------------
Intel i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, Corsair 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9, 2XAsus STRIX GTX980 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 4XSamsung 840 EVO Raid 10, Win 7 x64 Pro.
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:35 pm

TRRazor Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:35 pm
Updates are generally tested before we release them to the public.
Could you please show me a screenshot of the problems you seem to encounter?

We've introduced texture-filtering since most artists design their diffuse maps in a certain yellow-ish color tint, which makes most characters look too yellow in OctaneRender.
Increasing / lowering gamma values and multiplying / blending some of them was done to get the most out of the textures you're working with and have proved to be looking better than just using "normal" values translated directly from Iray.
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DrHemulen » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:23 pm

DrHemulen Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:23 pm
Ok here we go.

I load G3F. Add genitals. Apply Iray "all" material.
Browse to the G3F shaders in my content library:

I apply the main shader to G3F, then the genital shader.
I generate maps from embedded and replace all active maps. I get this with pathtracing (ignore the modesty basketball):

I think something's mixed up with the G8 shaders. I'm missing the eyelashes materials, and the materials are named like this:

As mentioned, the difference is generated from a lot of variables being different. For example (comparing to torso) the "minimum amount" on the falloff map (the second parameter in the list) is 0.35 vs 0.55 on the rest of the skin materials.

Notice that all the materials EXCEPT the genital are called G8F.
DrHemulen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio