OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 3.03.3 [TEST]

Postby face_off » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:10 am

face_off Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:10 am
Sadly i'm having a issue after installation, it seems te plugin can not be activated/load

Plugin failed to load!
Filename :
E:/3D Content/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/OctaneRender/plordazs.dll
Name :
plordazs
Author :
Unknown
Version :
Reason :
Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.

Reverting to the previous version works and it loads again. Any advice or could this be an issue with the installation package?

(i'm using the Daz version 4.9.2.70 )
My apologies - there is an issue with the installer. I will post a fix shortly.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:19 am

face_off Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:19 am
I have fixed the installer and re-instated the download link to release 3.3.3.24 at the top of this thread - so the "Plugin failed to load!" error should now be fixed.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby FastKatt » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:19 pm

FastKatt Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:19 pm
After enabling Beauty Passes and clicking on a beauty pass to view, sometimes the button to return to the Main Beauty Pass becomes disabled. The only way I've found to fix is to close DAZ Studio and reopen.
Attachments
OcDS Disabled Main Beauty Pass Button.jpg
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 4.2GHz
GPU: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2
RAM: 32GB
Tools: Modo | Daz Studio
FastKatt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby AlfaseeD » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:07 pm

AlfaseeD Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:07 pm
Well, I still get the 999 error even after I completely followed your guide.
I'm sure It's not my hardware fault, I never had so many problems with octane in the past.

Anyway I tried a step by step solution on a scene that always crashes.

I started with removing some of the clothes (glossy material with diff, spec, rough, displ maps) and I didn't have any problem until I placed a pair of gloves into the scene that were unable to load some textures. Anyway, before hitting the render button I assigned a simple diffuse material to the gloves with no textures, saved the scene and after 150 samples Octane crashed.

I reloaded the scene after a complete restart, gloves are white with no textures, the render didn't crash at all.

I'm really, really sure the problem lies somewhere that is not my hardware.

:)
AlfaseeD
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:27 am

face_off Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:27 am
I started with removing some of the clothes (glossy material with diff, spec, rough, displ maps) and I didn't have any problem until I placed a pair of gloves into the scene that were unable to load some textures. Anyway, before hitting the render button I assigned a simple diffuse material to the gloves with no textures, saved the scene and after 150 samples Octane crashed.
This is a general Octane issue rather than a plugin issue - so I am out of my field of expertise here. However if you get a Cuda 999 error part of the way through a render, it points to either insufficient power from the power supply, overheating, or a hardware error. In general, I think an insufficient power supply would give you a BSOD, and overheating is Cuda error 715, so this really seems to be a graphics card error. Have you tried underclocking your card? What about if you export to ORBX and render in Standalone - does that error too? Are there any displacement maps in the scene which could be causing an issue?

After enabling Beauty Passes and clicking on a beauty pass to view, sometimes the button to return to the Main Beauty Pass becomes disabled. The only way I've found to fix is to close DAZ Studio and reopen.
I could reproduce this error - I will see if I can fix it.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby AlfaseeD » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:28 pm

AlfaseeD Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:28 pm
Hi Paul,
I know this is an octane general issue but it's really, really frustrating for me.

Yes, I underclocked all the cards and no results at all.
I have a 1200 supply (EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2) and its really enough for my system.
Also, since I play a lot of games, I never had any problem with any of them. Sometimes I can play games at max setting and leave octane render an image in background.

In all my renders there are displacement maps, but the most important note is that I tried to switch to the older version of octane and no more errors for me (3.1.1.23).
AlfaseeD
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:00 am

face_off Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:00 am
I have a 1200 supply (EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2) and its really enough for my system.
Also, since I play a lot of games, I never had any problem with any of them. Sometimes I can play games at max setting and leave octane render an image in background.

In all my renders there are displacement maps, but the most important note is that I tried to switch to the older version of octane and no more errors for me (3.1.1.23).
Did you try Nvidia driver 358.50?

If you export a problem DAZStudio scene to ORBX and open in Octane Standalone 3.03.3, does it throw an error 999? (You will need to check the Octane Log, since Octane Standalone will not immediately alert you of a Cuda error).

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:12 am

face_off Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:12 am

A suggestion from Otoy - turn on Kernel->Static Noise - does the Cuda 999 error always happen at the same number of samples for a given scene? If so, export to Standalone and confirm that it happens there too, and if so, send the ORBX file to Otoy.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:28 am

face_off Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:28 am
This is fixed in the next release of the plugin. In the meantime, turning off all render passes with take you back to viewing the main beauty pass.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby FastKatt » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:24 am

FastKatt Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:24 am
face_off wrote:
This is fixed in the next release of the plugin. In the meantime, turning off all render passes with take you back to viewing the main beauty pass.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. I did find the workaround you mentioned. Unfortunately, it restarts the render, but it is more convenient than restarting the application. Looking forward to the next release! :-)
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 4.2GHz
GPU: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2
RAM: 32GB
Tools: Modo | Daz Studio
FastKatt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio