OctaneRender 2 for DAZStudio [STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2 for DAZStudio [STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2.24.2 [TEST]

Postby sikotik13 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:13 am

sikotik13 Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:13 am
sqjam wrote:Hello!
I dont buy Octane 2.
We get bugfixed DS plugin for version 1.55?

From the formerly stickied 1.2* thread:

face_off wrote:OctaneRender for DazStudio versions prior to Octane 2 are not longer supported. So I am "unstickying" this thread.

Thanks

Paul
| Intel i7-5960x @ 3.8 GHz| ASUS X99-E WS | 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 2400 Ram | 4x EVGA GTX 980 Ti | Win10 Professional x64 | Watercooled
sikotik13
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:27 am

face_off Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:27 am
I ran a test, for the sake of testing - switched mine from default 3 to 2 and I get the same issue you two describe now :D. So 3 works for me, 2 causes scrolling up and down (double click zooms) on viewport and no activity on NGE. I vaguely recall t_3 messing about with this in the past iterations and landing on this setting.
I think you are right. I tried a few mouse variants - and 3 seems to consistently work for me.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Sorel » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:56 am

Sorel Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:56 am
face_off wrote:
When pose changes
A pose can change in a multitude of ways. Can I ask you to provide much more detail in your error reports pls? I need a workflow to reproduce the problem (ie. keypresses, menu commands, etc).

Thanks

Paul

Of course. This happens whenever you apply an pose preset, as well as adjusting any of the body parts in the parameters tab.
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:18 am

face_off Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:18 am
This happens whenever you apply an pose preset, as well as adjusting any of the body parts in the parameters tab.
I could not reproduce this on the next release (2.24.2.2).

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:36 am

face_off Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:36 am
I am not able to reproduce some of the issues people are having, so I have refreshed the installer at the top of this thread so that when posting a problem, we can be sure that we are on the same version.

- Fixed activation issue when using the installer on a Windows install which had not previously had the plugin installed
- Fixed issue where DAZ Studio would crash on exit if run when the plugin was not authenticated
- Removed 'Here' button as it did nothing
- Fixed exception being raised when mouse clicking the map node
- Removed the On-line update checking
- Fixed memory corruption issue which was leading to Image, Alpha Image and Float Image nodes to have invalid texturemap names assigned
- Removed keyframe option from Bool and Color nodes (since setting a keyframe for these types crashed DAZStudio)

LIMITATION: The Viewport Camera Focal Length and FStop edit boxes CANNOT be edited. Instead use the sliders. This limiation may be fixed in the future
LIMITATION: When importing Rendertarget settings, the Kernel settings are NOT imported. This limitation may be fixed in the future

KNOWN ISSUE: The camera comboboxes in the Animation and System tabs are blank. This issue is being worked on as a high priority item....

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby leblancd » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:16 am

leblancd Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:16 am
face_off wrote:I am not able to reproduce some of the issues people are having, so I have refreshed the installer at the top of this thread so that when posting a problem, we can be sure that we are on the same version.

- Fixed activation issue when using the installer on a Windows install which had not previously had the plugin installed
- Fixed issue where DAZ Studio would crash on exit if run when the plugin was not authenticated
- Removed 'Here' button as it did nothing
- Fixed exception being raised when mouse clicking the map node
- Removed the On-line update checking
- Fixed memory corruption issue which was leading to Image, Alpha Image and Float Image nodes to have invalid texturemap names assigned
- Removed keyframe option from Bool and Color nodes (since setting a keyframe for these types crashed DAZStudio)

LIMITATION: The Viewport Camera Focal Length and FStop edit boxes CANNOT be edited. Instead use the sliders. This limiation may be fixed in the future
LIMITATION: When importing Rendertarget settings, the Kernel settings are NOT imported. This limitation may be fixed in the future

KNOWN ISSUE: The camera comboboxes in the Animation and System tabs are blank. This issue is being worked on as a high priority item....

Paul

This is somewhat off-topic, and I apologize for that.
I would just like to say...
Paul, I think you're the best thing to happen to this plugin in over a year. You're doing such a fantastic job.
You've already solved a list of things in days that used to take months. We're lucky to have such a professional working on this plugin.
Status updates, and lists of what was done, what to expect, and frequent releases... Could not really ask for much more than this.
Thank you. Keep up the amazing work.
leblancd
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:12 am

rajib Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:12 am
Hi Paul,

Thanking for releasing updates this fast =) !

I am testing the 2.24.2.2. Had the UI interface issue only once where clicking on the edit box in DAZ and typing did nothing until I clicked inside the OR Viewport and then clicked the edit box again. Then I was able to enter the value in the edit box. I have not found any pattern for it so unable to give you steps how to reproduce it. Trying to figure out a pattern.

Pose update issue : I have faced this many times. It might be that the change event from DAZ is not reaching the event trigger point in plugin and as such it is not updating. And there might be another reason. On scenes where I have a lot of high-res objects loaded, if I apply pose preset to the character, it takes sometimes 20 seconds to update the OR Viewport. I am using a PC with 8 cores, 128GB RAM, 4 x TitanX. So I guess, it can take even longer on PCs with lower specs. If the render completes within this time, it gives the impression of the geometry not updating. If you wait and do nothing sometimes it will restart the render and update the pose. But there has been cases where it does not restart the render. I think somehow the number of objects in the scene has an effect on this - maybe some kind of array issue within the code ?

I am not sure if all the object geometries are being updated or only the one that has changed when a update is detected in the DAZ scene. I am trying to reproduce it in a consistent way so that I can give you a step by step. Currently the only thing I can say is load lots of object, set them to max resolution and then try to modify one of the character pose. You will see a delay in the update appearing in the OR Viewport.

I have also noticed sometimes the position of the character will move first when you apply the preset (e.g. from standing pose to sitting) without the pose being updated and then the pose update will happen later. Sometimes hair and other accessories will move first and then the character pose will update.

When it gets stuck, only way to update is to use the Rebuild Scene or Rebuild Forced.

Best regards,
Rajib
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linvanchene » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:10 pm

linvanchene Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:10 pm
Update / Edit: 2015 11 27:

- Added information about Delete Key confirmation dialogue not being triggered

face_off wrote:2.24.2.2

Was able to install OctaneRender_for_DazStudio_2_24_2_2_Win64.exe without any issues
Tested with a win 10 laptop on which the old installer triggered the error.

face_off wrote:
@ Functionality of the Mouse wheel in the Node Graph Editor & Viewport

- - -

# 1 ... override Qt wheel event
# 2 ... override Widget wheel event
# 3 ... override Window wheel event
# 4 ... intercept Application wheel event
#
# Default: MouseWheel_Override = 3

- With the DazStudio_2_24_2_2_Win64.exe installer all four settings 1-4 result in the expected zooming behaviour in both the OcDS viewport and the NGE.
This means I cannot detect a difference when using different Override settings.

- BUT: If I remove the OctaneRender_switches.cfg file from C:\Users\USERNAME\OctaneRender\Data the previous scrolling up and down instead of zooming behaviour is there again.

(This does not really make any sense to me. Why do settings 1-4 all result in the same expected zoom behaviour but deleting the switch file results in the unwanted scrolling up and down?)

Tested with Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.44 on windows 10 using a Logitech M570 with Logitech Setpoint drivers & app installed.

Not tested: If different MouseWheel Override settings affect other functionality in DAZ Studio.

For now I will just leave it at 3.

Bottom line it is working now - I just do not understand why.

- - -
- - -
Update / Edit:

"Really delete selected node" warning is not always displayed when hitting the Delete Key on the keyboard in OcDS Node Graph Editor

Under some circumstances it seems when hitting the Delete Key on the keyboard in the OcDS Node Graph Editor the dialogue if the user really wants to delete the selected node is not triggered.

In those cases the selected object is deleted directly in the scene.

Steps to replicate this issue:

- Close DAZ Studio and restart it
- Add Genesis 2 Female to the scene
- start the OcDS viewport
- use the "Edit OctaneRender materials in the NGE" tool and click on the torso surface of G2F
- click on any of the torso map nodes attached to the scattering node
- hit the Delete Key on the keyboard

G2F scene before hitting delete.jpg

Result:
G2F gets deleted from the scene

Other workflows tested:
- I was able to replicate this error with G3F and using the Delete key on a random node.
- This error is not triggered if the user right clicks on the map node and selects "delete".
Then the delete confirmation dialogue is triggered.
Delete Key Confirmation triggered with G3F.jpg

- After the confirmation dialogue was triggered manually pressing the Delete key on the keyboard will also trigger the confirmation dialogue.
Win 10 Pro 64bit | Rendering: 2 x ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti TURBO | Asus RTX NVLink Bridge 4-Slot | Intel Core i7 5820K | ASUS X99-E WS| 64 GB RAM
FAQ: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio - FAQ link collection
linvanchene
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abayliss » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:34 am

abayliss Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:34 am
The "OctaneRender: ShadowVisiblity" button, under the Parameters tab, toggles shadows ON/OFF for Daylight Environments and Mesh Lights, but not for HDR Texture Environments. Is this working as intended?
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 64GB RAM
2 x RTX 2080ti
abayliss
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:42 am

face_off Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:42 am
The "OctaneRender: ShadowVisiblity" button, under the Parameters tab, toggles shadows ON/OFF for Daylight Environments and Mesh Lights, but not for HDR Texture Environments. Is this working as intended?
This functionality is not working. I will see if I can fix it.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio