FAQ - Loading and converting DAZ Studio materials

Forums: FAQ - Loading and converting DAZ Studio materials
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: FAQ - Loading and converting DAZ Studio materials

Postby Spectralis » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Spectralis Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:40 pm
sikotik13 wrote:As I explained in the edit on that post, it's just a less buried toggle for the options in the preference tab, specifically, it unchecks the "load materials from .duf files" and unchecks the auto generate/convert materials boxes. If unchecking those boxes manually is not fixing your error, the equivalent to a shortcut to perform that same operation will likely do you no good.

Thanks, I switched off "load materials from .duf" files closed and reopened DS and now scenes are loading without materials as normal.
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme, i7 3770k, 32GB RAM, 4 x GTX760 4GB, Win 8.1 x64.
Spectralis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sikotik13 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:57 pm

sikotik13 Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:57 pm
Glad you got that sorted out. I have also noticed that , for reasons I cannot fathom this late in the game, sometimes using the icon in the tool bar (or through the menu) will work when manually checking/unchecking does not always "stick." It seems random, but I've never had the icon fail to apply the settings immediately, but manually toggling the check-boxes randomly seems to not function correctly (version 1.2). It's too random to pin down why, just sometimes doesn't stay checked upon loading a scene, subset, or sometimes figure/prop. Vaguely curious, and I rescind my comment about it not working if manually checking does not function properly. Hope this won't be another on the list of problems in version 2.
| Intel i7-5960x @ 3.8 GHz| ASUS X99-E WS | 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 2400 Ram | 4x EVGA GTX 980 Ti | Win10 Professional x64 | Watercooled
sikotik13
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Spectralis » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Spectralis Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:17 pm
sikotik13 wrote:Glad you got that sorted out. I have also noticed that , for reasons I cannot fathom this late in the game, sometimes using the icon in the tool bar (or through the menu) will work when manually checking/unchecking does not always "stick." It seems random, but I've never had the icon fail to apply the settings immediately, but manually toggling the check-boxes randomly seems to not function correctly (version 1.2). It's too random to pin down why, just sometimes doesn't stay checked upon loading a scene, subset, or sometimes figure/prop. Vaguely curious, and I rescind my comment about it not working if manually checking does not function properly. Hope this won't be another on the list of problems in version 2.

I think it didn't work straight away because I hadn't closed and reopened DS but whether that should be necessary I'm not sure. I'm gagging to upgrade to v2 but animation still seems to be a problem for some people. I'm hoping that when the final version is released these unaccountable and random problems will all be fixed unlike with v1.2. I think the Carrara plugin developer has the right approach of a sustained and continuous engagement with users to fix any bugs that crop up.
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme, i7 3770k, 32GB RAM, 4 x GTX760 4GB, Win 8.1 x64.
Spectralis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linvanchene » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:37 pm

linvanchene Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:37 pm
edited and removed by user
Last edited by linvanchene on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
linvanchene
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sikotik13 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:36 pm

sikotik13 Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:36 pm
Good info linvanchene. I have the 4th prerelease installed an an alternate DS install, but i refuse to use it while copy/paste functionality is basically nonexistent. That's kind of an excessively used/should be simple thing to still not work after being reported (by me) no less than two revisions ago. Last recommendation I'm sure won't get read was to just go back to the old method and drop the cop/paste to clipboard thing for now, since the old one still works. Being unable to perform the paste function makes me think that this version may have larger issues, since that is beyond basic, and stupid easy to test. It was also one of the first things he announced before the big silence, so it's been in it's current state of non-functionality for quite a while. That genuinely bothers me. Other than that, some of the new stuff looks neat, assuming Otoy ever actually follows through with their "readily available and involved assistance" to plugin developers, to speed things up and perhaps actually QAs something for once.
| Intel i7-5960x @ 3.8 GHz| ASUS X99-E WS | 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 2400 Ram | 4x EVGA GTX 980 Ti | Win10 Professional x64 | Watercooled
sikotik13
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linvanchene » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:12 am

linvanchene Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:12 am
Happy to report that "Automatic Material Updates" after content loads is now working again with OcDS 2.1 PRE RELEASE 5th.

This means the toggle button "AUTO", "DUF", "MAN" now also works exactly as intended.

8-)

- - -
Win 10 Pro 64bit | Rendering: 2 x ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti TURBO | Asus RTX NVLink Bridge 4-Slot | Intel Core i7 5820K | ASUS X99-E WS| 64 GB RAM
FAQ: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio - FAQ link collection
linvanchene
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to DAZ Studio