2.0 plugin for Daz studio - when? (guesstimate)

Forums: 2.0 plugin for Daz studio - when? (guesstimate)
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: 2.0 plugin for Daz studio - when? (guesstimate)

Postby Elele » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:45 am

Elele Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:45 am
Spectralis wrote:The lack of regular bug fixes is really annoying. I'm using v1.2 which works apart from the poor viewport updating. I prefer it to v1.1 but have had to shelve v1.1 projects until the conversion update arrives. Both v1.1 and v1.2 feel like dead products because as soon as v2 arrives will projects created in v1.1 and v1.2 work with it? I really hope so otherwise over a year of work will remain tied to old versions of OR. That uncertainty and the lack of any news has made me fed up considering the last news update mentioned a summer v2 release. Mid way through Aug that seems more and more unlikely. t_3 is working on a v1.5 release according to the last update but why bother when it would save time to go straight to v2? Very confusing!

From what I gather in the last update, he was about to finish 1.5 but then OTOY released v2, so he switched to developing the v2 plugin, stating:

"...if there is demand it will be possible to release 1.5 without extra work (but a few switches the turn off 2.0 specific stuff). will it be ever stable? it in fact got more stable already, and it will continue to do. will it be ever bug-free? probably not..."
Elele
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to DAZ Studio