Bump map artefacts

Forums: Bump map artefacts
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: Bump map artefacts

Postby face_off » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:47 pm

face_off Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:47 pm
Igor_K wrote: whersmy

Thanks for checking!

Paul, maybe you can share .orbx file with Octane dev team to investigate?? I still not entirely sure whether its Octane issue or geometry issue (like I mentioned, geometry created with tSplines for Rhino5 and its not very "clean" CAD surfacing, more like a " quick concept" quality), so maybe its issue of bad geometry. I just want to know whats casing the issue and how to avoid it in the future.

Thanks.
May I suggest you post the ORBX on the Octane Standalone 2020.1 release thread where the Octane dev team can respond.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Bump map artefacts

Postby frankmci » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:42 pm

frankmci Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:42 pm
I'm not a Rhino guy, but to my eye, it looks like a tessellation/normals issue. If you convert to polys and look at the face and vertex normals, do you see any discontinuities along the edges where the artifacts show up? Or maybe does the tessellation leave some un-merged edges/vertices in the actual rendered surface?
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Rhinoceros 3D