Clay grey / Render view size / Settings

Forums: Clay grey / Render view size / Settings
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Clay grey / Render view size / Settings

Postby Dottedline » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:32 pm

Dottedline Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:32 pm
Hi,

Is there anyway to control the default clay render grey under the render tab in please? this would be really useful.

Also, is there a way to control the default render view-port % size please?

Finally Ive found that the settings tab, I contract all the lists but when i select named cameras, these all automatically expand to full 'long' lists, would be good if they stayed as last left if possible?

Also is there a way to save as a quick and dirty JPEG? :-)

Cheers

Will.
Dottedline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Clay grey / Render view size / Settings

Postby face_off » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:10 pm

face_off Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:10 pm
Hi - sorry, I missed this msg.
Is there anyway to control the default clay render grey under the render tab in please? this would be really useful.
Which specific tab are you referring to pls?
Also, is there a way to control the default render view-port % size please?
I could have the plugin remember the last % within a Rhino session. Would that help?
Finally Ive found that the settings tab, I contract all the lists but when i select named cameras, these all automatically expand to full 'long' lists, would be good if they stayed as last left if possible?
You can untick Settings->Open Settings Tree on Render Start
Also is there a way to save as a quick and dirty JPEG? :-)
No - the saving of an image occurs in the Octane engine, and JPEG is not currently supported.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Dottedline » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Dottedline Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:36 pm
Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was referring to the Octane render view-port, on the controls at the top perhaps? i use an override in Max / mental ray often and use a specific grey value.

Yes, if Rhino could retain this that would be excellent. i run a couple monitors generally always scale down and float to one position along with everything else - this would be really helpful. could it remember position also?

On the last point, thanks but now it always contracts them, is it possible for the settings tree to retain its state. i kind of want control of whats open and whats not and not having it either all open or all closed. thoughts?

Many thanks for responding,

regards

Will.
Dottedline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Dottedline » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:49 pm

Dottedline Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:49 pm
Hi Paul, just wondered if you had a chance to look at the points on my previous comments in response to you. Thanks for your time and input. Will.
Dottedline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:56 pm

face_off Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:56 pm
Hi Will

Sorry for my non-response on the above.

Is there anyway to control the default clay render grey under the render tab in please?
I am still unsure what you are asking for. Do you want to control the clay render color? Octane does not allow setting the clay render color. Instead you would need to assign a single Rhino material to all geometry in the scene and set the color to that material.

i run a couple monitors generally always scale down and float to one position along with everything else - this would be really helpful. could it remember position also?
Do you want the Viewport position remembered, or the floating Rhino preview window? The Viewport position should already be remembered (although I recall that if it is off the main screen space it will probably be re-centered on your main monitor (so it doesn't open off the screen).

On the last point, thanks but now it always contracts them, is it possible for the settings tree to retain its state. i kind of want control of whats open and whats not and not having it either all open or all closed. thoughts?
You can tick Settings->Open Tree Settings On Render Start, and the tree will always open when you open the Viewport.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:54 pm

face_off Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:54 pm
Hi Will - have you had a chance to look at the questions above?

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Dottedline » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:12 am

Dottedline Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:12 am
Hi Paul,

Sorry i completely missed your response, apologies!

"I am still unsure what you are asking for. Do you want to control the clay render color? Octane does not allow setting the clay render color. Instead you would need to assign a single Rhino material to all geometry in the scene and set the color to that material."

Yes, basically i really value the clay option but a bit like the material override in Mental ray / 3DS max it would be good if this could be defines somewhere. I was wondering on a simple drop down / colour selection etc? I typically do a general 'clay colour' like you've said but this is a rice way to toggle between assigned textures and 'form only' renders.

"Do you want the Viewport position remembered, or the floating Rhino preview window? The Viewport position should already be remembered (although I recall that if it is off the main screen space it will probably be re-centered on your main monitor (so it doesn't open off the screen)."

Yes exactly. Size more than placement but both would be excellent - saves resizing ever time i relaunch Octane. Got you, yes i do this but what i mean is could each cameras menu state be retained when selecting between cameras. Ever time i go out and back into a camera is either fully open, or closed. A 'remember settings' state would be good if possible?

Kind regards

Will.
Dottedline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:33 pm

face_off Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:33 pm
Yes, basically i really value the clay option but a bit like the material override in Mental ray / 3DS max it would be good if this could be defines somewhere. I was wondering on a simple drop down / colour selection etc? I typically do a general 'clay colour' like you've said but this is a rice way to toggle between assigned textures and 'form only' renders.
Octane does not currently allow defining a specific color for a clay render material. If you would like this, may I suggest posting this as a feature request in the Octane Standalone 3.05.3 thread.

Yes exactly. Size more than placement but both would be excellent - saves resizing ever time i relaunch Octane.
The plugin already remembers the viewport size and location between launches.

Got you, yes i do this but what i mean is could each cameras menu state be retained when selecting between cameras. Ever time i go out and back into a camera is either fully open, or closed. A 'remember settings' state would be good if possible?
I don't think this could be easily implemented - sorry.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Rhinoceros 3D