Wish: visibility options indepenent from live update ...

Forums: Wish: visibility options indepenent from live update ...
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Wish: visibility options indepenent from live update ...

Postby Micha » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Micha Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:17 pm
Hi Paul,

could you change the options so that live update isn't needed to be enabled for all the other options like visibility? For example I have a scene where I like to change the visibility of some objects, but I don't need a live update of this objects.

An other problem is - for a quick scene setup of a non-complex scene I like to enable the live update for all objects. I selected all objects and enabled the live update, but the live update was enabled for one object only.

Ciao,
Micha
http://www.simulacrum.de - Visualization for Designer and Architects
Win7 64 | Dual Xeon E5-2687W | 32GB RAM | 2 GTX 780 6GB | Rhino3D
Micha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Wish: visibility options indepenent from live update ...

Postby face_off » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:44 pm

face_off Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:44 pm
could you change the options so that live update isn't needed to be enabled for all the other options like visibility? For example I have a scene where I like to change the visibility of some objects, but I don't need a live update of this objects.
This is not possible - sorry. When a Rhino mesh is NOT live, then it will be stored in a whole-scene Octane mesh node (with all other not-live geometry). So a scene refresh is required whenever you change the Live status of a Rhino mesh.

An other problem is - for a quick scene setup of a non-complex scene I like to enable the live update for all objects. I selected all objects and enabled the live update, but the live update was enabled for one object only.
I was not able to reproduce this problem. You can load all Rhino mesh objects "live" by setting Live Updating to "All Meshes Live" in the Settings.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Micha » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:33 am

Micha Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:33 am
face_off wrote:
This is not possible - sorry. When a Rhino mesh is NOT live, then it will be stored in a whole-scene Octane mesh node (with all other not-live geometry). So a scene refresh is required whenever you change the Live status of a Rhino mesh.

So it could be good if you create two Octane mesh nodes - one for not-live geometry and one for live geometry. I suppose so we will see more object based options in the future over the years. To mark all this object as live objects will slow down scene updates.
Micha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Micha » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:38 am

Micha Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:38 am
face_off wrote:

Hi Paul, couldn't you make the visibility option and all the other stuff independent from the live status? It are different things, not needed together always.
Micha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:00 am

face_off Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:00 am
couldn't you make the visibility option and all the other stuff independent from the live status? It are different things, not needed together always.
No, because all Rhino geometry items which are not "Live" are stored together in the one single Octane Mesh node.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Rhinoceros 3D