Octane Render 3 and Rhino Plugin

Forums: Octane Render 3 and Rhino Plugin
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Octane Render 3 and Rhino Plugin

Postby Bendbox » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:40 pm

Bendbox Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:40 pm
Hi Paul,

I'm sure these are premature questions, but I thought you might have an idea of the answers. If you are not allowed to answer these questions yet, no worries.

Now, that Octane Render 3 has been announced, I was wondering if you knew if some of the features would or would not be directly accessible within the Rhino Plugin. Specifically, Advanced Texture Baking, and the Volumetric Rendering (Volumetric Primitives are of particular interest as seen at the bottom of the press release here: http://home.otoy.com/otoy-unveils-octanerender-3-worlds-best-gpu-renderer/ ).

Do you (and are you able to tell us) if those two features would be available within the Rhino Plugin? I'm very interested in the Texture Baking to create navigable scenes of architectural interiors, and the Volumetric Rendering for the more creative type Ad work I do.

The cloud rendering will be a dream come true for animations! Very excited about that!

Thanks Paul,
Ryan
Win10x64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / 64g RAM / 2 x RTX 3090
Bendbox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Render 3 and Rhino Plugin

Postby face_off » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:16 am

face_off Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:16 am
Now, that Octane Render 3 has been announced, I was wondering if you knew if some of the features would or would not be directly accessible within the Rhino Plugin. Specifically, Advanced Texture Baking
Hi Ryan. This should be available from the plugin.

and the Volumetric Rendering (Volumetric Primitives are of particular interest as seen at the bottom of the press release here: http://home.otoy.com/otoy-unveils-octan ... -renderer/ ).
Unsure on the volumetric primitives. However Volumetric Rendering will probably either need a) some way to define the volume in Rhino (does not possible in the current version of Rhino to define a smoke type volume - although maybe a solid object might be enough?), or (and I'm guessing here....) you could import an OpenVBD file (which would need to be generated by an external app like Houdini or the like). I am investigating all this at the moment. It is also worth researching Deep Pixel rendering, since that will allow you to do some pretty amazing effects with compositing related to this.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Octane Render 3 and Rhino Plugin

Postby Bendbox » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:00 pm

Bendbox Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:00 pm
Thanks for the answer's Paul. Glad to hear about the texture baking, that's really a big deal.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that a solid object will enough for the volumetric features.

And I have no idea what Deep Pixel Rendering is, so I'll investigate. Thanks!

Ryan
Win10x64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / 64g RAM / 2 x RTX 3090
Bendbox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Rhinoceros 3D