This is a new beta release of the OctaneRender™ 2018.1 for LightWave™ plugin version 2018.1.0.6, available for LightWave 11.6, 2015.3, 2018.0 and 2019.0 Windows x64 and OSX. This build has been compiled using the Octane 2018.1 RC6 core.
As with all experimental releases, please do not use this for production purposes. 2018.1 RC6 will expire in 60 days
To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 2018.1, please check out the 2018.1 release post, but this a quick list of the main new features that have been added:
- NV Link support on RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti
- Cryptomatte. Currently, in the LightWave plugin, the Instance ID is used also as Object ID due to its internal scene graph architecture.
- Vertex Attributes in the mesh objects. New options in the Octane object properties custom object plugin to configure the attributes to be extracted.
- New "Color Vertex Attribute" and "Float Vertex Attribute" nodes to retrieve the vertex attributes in the shaders.
- Deep render passes.
- Way less Volume Render Noise. New option in the kernels to disable this feature if the matching of the Octane v4 volumes is needed.
- Direct Levelset surface rendering. New option in the Octane volumetrics custom object plugin to configure the OpenVDB rendering to work with SDFs and assign their Octane material nodes.
- Scatter depth limiting (i.e. fast fog rendering)
- Overall 5% faster than V4 stable (about 315 OB vs 298 OB in our tests)
- Vectron (Vector Primitive)
Release 2018.1.0.6 regular license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ve_OSX.zip
Release 2018.1.0.6 subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... n64_vr.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_vr.zip
Standalone 2018.1 RC6 version for the network rendering nodes
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... C6_win.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg
* PLUGIN FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed a crash in the material picker and other tools while working in complex scenes or with nodes affecting several materials.
* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed "affects alpha" option of specular materials when "keep environment" is enabled (fixed the refraction pass being included in the environment in this case).
- Fixed caustic blur for clearcoat.
- Added sheen and coating bump and normal texture inputs.
- Renamed artistic IOR mode from "Default" to "Artistic".
- Implemented sheen and coating bump/normal mapping.
- Fixed visible on specular for universal material.
- Fixed specular material rendering incorrectly when given 0 roughness and Octane BRDF.
- Fixed vertex attributes causing a render failure when used with SSS.
- Fixed float vertex attributes causing render failure with displacement.
- Fixed planes sometimes getting rendered black if there are more than one.
- Fixed crash when opening import preferences for unsupported VDBs.
- Fixed log message when using Cryptomatte with disconnected material pins.
Your OTOY Team