LW 2018..0.6 hangs on IPR, reports DONE

Forums: LW 2018..0.6 hangs on IPR, reports DONE
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

LW 2018..0.6 hangs on IPR, reports DONE

Postby hdace » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:57 am

hdace Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:57 am
Hi, I'm back after a couple of years away. Got a project to do...

So I tried the Demo yesterday and it worked okay, but was a little buggy. But well enough that I thought I could do my project with Octane version 4. So I got the subscription version this morning and found that now my scene won't render in IPR at all. LightWave hangs immediately upon opening IPR.

I'm used to version 2 so I'm wondering about layers. I've got about ten objects and they've all got around about ten layers each. Since I'm not used to being able to do that with Octane, I was wondering if I should merge layers into a single layer. But what if something else is causing the hang? btw I've tried both Octane_4.00.0.21_LightWave_2018.0_vr_OSX & Octane_2018.1.0.3_LightWave_2018.0_vr_OSX. I'm running MacOS 10.12.1 with two TITAN Blacks.

Trouble is the scene is a little complicated so now I need to try with simpler scenes and see if I can trace when it stops working. I'll let you know.

All the best, Hal Dace
Vote for Juanjo!
hdace
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: LW 2018..0.6 hangs on IPR, reports DONE

Postby hdace » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:18 am

hdace Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:18 am
Just tested some simple scenes and it's working okay. One little bug is that it renders without showing anything unless I move the cursor. Weird.

Anyway, I don't know why it doesn't work with my big scene, and why it did work with the demo version. It's a panorama scene of a big landscape. Don't know what else to say...
Vote for Juanjo!
hdace
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 am

juanjgon Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 am
Hi,

I have got a report about this IPR problem on OSX some time ago, but unfortunately, I've not been able to reproduce it here to know the source of the problem, probably related to an issue on the LightWave side updating the scene or something like that.

What we have found is that usually, once you try to render the scene with F9 at least once, the IPR starts to work without problems. Can you please check it? You only need to press F9 and abort the rendering once started ... later the IPR should work without problems.

So, do you say that the Demo version works fine? This can be also a clue about the source of this problem.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby hdace » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:31 pm

hdace Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:31 pm
The Demo version only worked if I used default size. If I tried any other way of sizing it, or it I tried to resize it with the mouse, it hung. It also suffered from the problem of no response unless I moved the mouse around.

I'm working on something else today so I don't have time to test the F9 first, then IPR trick. I think I tried that yesterday and I don't think it worked, but not sure now.
Vote for Juanjo!
hdace
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D