OctaneRender™ 2.2 for LightWave™ BETA 1

Forums: OctaneRender™ 2.2 for LightWave™ BETA 1
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: OctaneRender™ 2.2 for LightWave™ BETA 1

Postby BorisGoreta » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:08 pm

BorisGoreta Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:08 pm
When I change current frame when in a IPR pause mode and then unpause it all objects get updated but camera position doesn't. I need to go to the nexr or previous frame while the IPR is rendering to get the camera position update.
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:16 pm

abstrax Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:16 pm
Lewis wrote:
abstrax wrote:"Keep environment" was always broken, because you can't use a simple alpha channel to cut out the environment from a normal render with environment. The border pixels around the cutout will always be a partial mix between environment and foreground which looks like wrong when you compose it onto a different background.

HI Abstrax.

Sorry for delay but i had some jbs to finish and i was back to 2.16. No wi got some free time to test and show you my issue wiht this removeal of "Keep Environment" option. I can't believe I'm the only one renderign 32B files with Environment+Alpha at one go? With this workflow no passes needed and you can always replace BG if you wish since Alpha is embeded in 32Bit TGA. For 2.20 to get Alpha then ther eis no SKY in Backgorund (or IPR), and if oyu want SKY then you get empty (white) Alpha since it's turned off :(.

Also if you render alpha separatel you then don't get that lens flare effect bloom/glare in 2.20 :(.

Here is how i used it in Octane 2.16 and before
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlnmj7vy10bx1 ... 6.jpg?dl=0

And here is now problem in 2.2.x after removal of that option :(
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9c0ct91f5eapm ... 0.jpg?dl=0

So my quesiton is how to render it now (2.2x--->) same as in 2.16 at one go/file without extra steps/files/passes?

Thanks for your time

One more question in this discussion: When you render with post effects and alpha and then actually use alpha to cut out the foreground you will also cut out the post-effects, which probably looks like crap, too. In other words: Although you could render stuff with alpha and background in 2.16, you would never to be able to use the alpha channel, because that destroys the post effects. How did you work around this?
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Lewis » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Lewis Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:27 pm
abstrax wrote:One more question in this discussion: When you render with post effects and alpha and then actually use alpha to cut out the foreground you will also cut out the post-effects, which probably looks like crap, too. In other words: Although you could render stuff with alpha and background in 2.16, you would never to be able to use the alpha channel, because that destroys the post effects. How did you work around this?

I usually combine all in PhotoShop - i make 2nd layers to add sky/clounds (since octane SKY don't have any clouds).

Workflow owuld go liek this

1. Render TGA 32b with Alpha but visible SKY (Keep Environment)
2. Got o Pshop and put that in Layer 1
3. CTRL+Click on alpha channel to select alpha (contine din 32B TGA)
4. CTRL+J to make new layer from that selection (this time with extracted alha/sky), that makes Layer two above layer one
5. Load sky/reference image and put that layer between those two layers

SO in that case i effectively have clouds masked easilly by Alpha within same render (single TGA 32bit) and then i can tweak transparency/opacity for clouds, add gradient to layer mask or use cliping mask of building snce i often wish but still keep the octane nice sky/environment effects.

If is not clearly explained (sorry for my english :)) i can make you short video of my workflow ;).

Thanks one more for your time.
--
Lewis
http://www.ram-studio.hr
Skype - lewis3d
ICQ - 7128177

WS AMD TRPro 3955WX, 256GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090, 1 * RTX 3090
RS1 i7 9800X, 64GB RAM, Win10, 3 * RTX 3090
RS2 i7 6850K, 64GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090
Lewis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 pm

abstrax Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 pm
Lewis wrote:I usually combine all in PhotoShop - i make 2nd layers to add sky/clounds (since octane SKY don't have any clouds).

Workflow owuld go liek this

1. Render TGA 32b with Alpha but visible SKY (Keep Environment)
2. Got o Pshop and put that in Layer 1
3. CTRL+Click on alpha channel to select alpha (contine din 32B TGA)
4. CTRL+J to make new layer from that selection (this time with extracted alha/sky), that makes Layer two above layer one
5. Load sky/reference image and put that layer between those two layers

SO in that case i effectively have clouds masked easilly by Alpha within same render (single TGA 32bit) and then i can tweak transparency/opacity for clouds, add gradient to layer mask or use cliping mask of building snce i often wish but still keep the octane nice sky/environment effects.

If is not clearly explained (sorry for my english :)) i can make you short video of my workflow ;).

Thanks one more for your time.

Could you send me or post a Photoshop file that has this setup? Thanks.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Lewis » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Lewis Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:45 pm
PSD sent :).

And here is result of that mixing layers combo i described in my workflow made from single TGA 32b+Keep Environment feature (v 2.16), no layers, no passes rendered/needed, quick and dirty but it works and it can work in animation also in AE if the camera movement is slow enoough and oyu have animated couds video/null object attached/tracekd....:). Really i had lot of usages with that nice feature we had before 2.20.

Thanks for your time.
Attachments
Octane_c216_Kepp_Enviro_Render.jpg
--
Lewis
http://www.ram-studio.hr
Skype - lewis3d
ICQ - 7128177

WS AMD TRPro 3955WX, 256GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090, 1 * RTX 3090
RS1 i7 9800X, 64GB RAM, Win10, 3 * RTX 3090
RS2 i7 6850K, 64GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090
Lewis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BorisGoreta » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:03 pm

BorisGoreta Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:03 pm
I have a problem with baked particles as PFX files. Instances are attached to the particles and the PFX file starts "playing" at some frame during the animation. If I start to render a sequence before this frame Octane plugin does not initiate instances for these particles ( because there are zero particles at this point ). And when the particles kick in there are no instances visible in Octane render. Sometimes when I initiate IPR before particles kick in and then scrub the timeline to after they kick in I even get the message line "instances not initialized you need to reload the scene". Now, if I use reload scene feature for every frame the sequence works fine but it would be nice if this PFX setup would work without reloading the scene because there are tons of other stuff in the scene which don't need reloading.
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:31 pm

juanjgon Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:31 pm
BorisGoreta wrote:I have a problem with baked particles as PFX files. Instances are attached to the particles and the PFX file starts "playing" at some frame during the animation. If I start to render a sequence before this frame Octane plugin does not initiate instances for these particles ( because there are zero particles at this point ). And when the particles kick in there are no instances visible in Octane render. Sometimes when I initiate IPR before particles kick in and then scrub the timeline to after they kick in I even get the message line "instances not initialized you need to reload the scene". Now, if I use reload scene feature for every frame the sequence works fine but it would be nice if this PFX setup would work without reloading the scene because there are tons of other stuff in the scene which don't need reloading.

Can you please send to me a sample scene to reproduce this issue? ... I am not sure if it is a LW or a plugin problem, but it is better to test it here with one of your scenes.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby BorisGoreta » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:26 pm

BorisGoreta Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:26 pm
When using displacement multi UV is not working !
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:28 pm

juanjgon Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:28 pm
BorisGoreta wrote:When using displacement multi UV is not working !

Yes, I think that this is a known issue to be fixed in Octane. The Standalone has the same problem.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Mastoy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:53 am

Mastoy Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:53 am
Hi !
I have a weird problem with a scene : it's a simple studio product shot lit only by a HDR image, pathtracing kernel. There's the product object, the curved ground (L-shape) and no lights.
Sometimes when I fire up IPR, all reflections and colors seem off, kinda dull. It seems that somehow the HDR image isn't included in the render. I have to hit several times the reload scene button (from 2 to 8/10 times) for the image to render properly again.
Any idea ?
Thx !
Mastoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Lightwave 3D