can't render while server is down

Forums: can't render while server is down
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

can't render while server is down

Postby hdace » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:04 pm

hdace Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:04 pm
Any idea when the your server will be fully up? I couldn't get onto the forum or any other part of your website until about 15 minutes ago. Parts of it still don't work, and LightWave can't authenticate the Octane plugin, so I can't render. I can't even get this message to post! Maybe it will work if I keep trying.
Vote for Juanjo!
hdace
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: can't render while server is down

Postby juanjgon » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:12 pm

juanjgon Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:12 pm
Sorry for this problem ... In theory you should be able to run Octane even with the serves down, but only if your license is enabled on this computer. You can't activate a license without internet connection or if the servers are down, but if the license is active, Octane should work. The license is linked to your machine, and it run in offline mode without internet connection.

Here the Otoy site is also down, but I can run the Octane license of my laptop without problems.

Anyway I hope that Otoy can fix the server problem ASAP.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby FooZe » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:42 am

FooZe Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:42 am
Yes, octane should work in offline mode.
So long as you don't start a different version of octane (ie have a 2.0 plugin then try to run 2.06 standalone) it should be fine.

The website went down for a few minutes but the authentication server did not go down.
Perhaps there was a problem with your internet as well?
FooZe
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby hdace » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:41 am

hdace Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:41 am
FooZe wrote:Yes, octane should work in offline mode.
So long as you don't start a different version of octane (ie have a 2.0 plugin then try to run 2.06 standalone) it should be fine.

The website went down for a few minutes but the authentication server did not go down.
Perhaps there was a problem with your internet as well?

It was the same version I was using normally the previous day. The server was down for HOURS, not minutes. There was absolutely no problem with my internet.

Having said all that, I did find other useful things to do in the interim and I very much appreciated Juanjo's apology.
Vote for Juanjo!
hdace
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D