OctaneRender™ 2.1 for LightWave™ BETA 1

Forums: OctaneRender™ 2.1 for LightWave™ BETA 1
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: OctaneRender™ 2.10 for LightWave™ BETA 1

Postby atnreg » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:20 am

atnreg Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:20 am
juanjgon wrote:Currently Octane doesn't support the Projection node in the displacement feature. This is something that Octane developers should add to Octane to support it in the plugins.

Oh, ok, then we'll just have to wait and as I said, UVMap is working fine, the docs just give impression of this UVMap node being some kind of 'legacy' (http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Lightwave3D/?page_id=131) :)

juanjgon wrote:About the accuracy problem, the internal variable is double procession, but LW only shows the number as single precision in the widget. I think that if you enter 0.00001 in the parameter, the plugin variable is going to hold this value, but I am not sure if the Octane single precision displacement amount parameter is going to support it. In the Standalone you only have four precision digits for the floating parameters.

Oh, ok then LW-plugin is anyway better than standalone in this :o
And actually, yes it seems the value is used even though the displayed value is rounded! :)
But could you try to use different type of edit box, for example in UVMap the Position and Scale can be entered like '10um' and they keep that value. If I do that in Displacement Amount or Shift, it turns to 0.0 (but 100um turns to 0.0001). Could that solve the display problem? And it would be nicer to see 100um than 0.0001 :)

juanjgon wrote:Please, check the 99% issue in the next build. I am going to change some things to try to fix it.
-Juanjo

Ok, great! Is the planned 'along this week' still holding for the release? ;)

Thank you a million again!

Antti
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990wx (32c/64t),64GB RAM,NVIDIA GTX 1080ti,Win10
Clarisse 4,Houdini 18 (+Octane 2019),Blender2.81,Fusion360,Onyx,ZBrush,SubstPnt...
Started: Houdini 2019, Clarisse 2016
No business, just fun :)
atnreg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Lightwave 3D