OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ build 1.20.1 released

Forums: OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ build 1.20.1 released
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ build 1.20.1 released

Postby juanjgon » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:45 pm

juanjgon Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:45 pm
Hello,

This is a new release of the OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ plugin, build 1.20.1 - released for Lightwave 10.x and 11.x Windows x32 and x64, and for Lightwave 11.x Mac OSX.

Download plugin links:
http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... .1_x32.zip
http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... .1_x64.zip
http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... .1_OSX.zip

How to install the plugin (Windows):
- Download the install file, you can see that inside it there is the plugin, the octane.dll and octane.dat files and a custom LW menu bar file
- Copy the octane.dll and octane.dat files into you install Lightwave/bin directory
- Add the plugin from Lightwave Layout, select the plugin for your Lightwave version (10.x or 11.x)
- Install the custom menu bar to get access to the Octane features

How to update the plugin (Windows):
- It is like install the plugin again (copy the .dll and .dat files to the Lightwave/bin directory and add the plugin and menu bar again), but you must be sure that there aren't any octane master plugins running in the Layout before try to add the plugin again. There is a live master plugin needed to start/stop the engine that must be closed to allow plugin reinstall.
- This build uses the new Octane SDK 1.17, if you are working with Windows please be sure that you update the Octane.dat and Octane.dll files inside your Lightwave/bin folder.

How to install the plugin (OSX):
- Download the install file, you can see that inside it there is the plugin and a custom LW menu bar file
- Add the plugin from Lightwave Layout
- Install the custom menu bar to get access to the Octane features

How to update the plugin (OSX):
- It is like install the plugin again (add the plugin and menu bar again), but you must be sure that there aren't any octane master plugins running in the Layout before try to add the plugin again. There is a live master plugin needed to start/stop the engine that must be closed to allow plugin reinstall.

*NEW FEATURES IN THE 1.20.1 RELEASE*
- New button in the preview window to save current image while rendering with F9/F10 without stop rendering
- Support of Lightwave render region using a custom technique inside the plugin. It has some restrictions: Camera distortion can't be supported., autofocus is not going to work, vignetting also can't be used and some effects, like glare, can show seams.
- New UVMAP node mode ("Lightwave Color T Layer") to get the texture projection available in the first layer of the Surface Editor Color "T" parameter. Using this function, Octane can match the Lightwave Planar, Cylindrical, Spherical and Cubic mappings in both local or world coordinates. User can also use the Lightwave UV mapping and select what UV map available in the object should be used for this material. Currently the Front projection is not supported.
- Render Target Presets Shelf, using the standard Lightwave shelf window functions. If IPR is open, a icon image is stored with the preset.
- Very limited support for Front Projection Mapping. It show a lot of distorsion in big polygons and it is only useful for objects with small polygons or high subdivision level. This is a problem of Octane itself, that needs native support for front projection.
- Added the new mode CHANNEL_VERTEXNORMAL to the infochannel kernel node.
- New function to pick the White Point over the IPR window inside the Camera Imager node.
- New rendering option "Get full linear HDRI image". Enable to get the full HDRI no clipped and no tone mapped Octane frame buffer.

*BUGS FIXED IN THE 1.20.1 RELEASE*
- Update materials while rendering or in the IPR slowdown and memory leaks. Fixed.
- Sliders linked to Octane nodes channels crash Layout as soon as the user touch them. Fixed.
- Layout crash while resizing the IPR window under Mac OSX. Added a 250 ms. pause among resize operations to try to avoid the crash.
- OSX crash while rendering. There was a problem with multithread access to the preview window. Fixed.
- RenderTarget presets shelf doesn't update all nodes int the IPR after load the preset. Fixed.
- Image display errors in preview window when zoom factor was greater than 5. Fixed.
- Inverted bump mapping behavior to make it more consistent with other renderers (lighter color means higher elevation). This means that when upgrading you need to check or uncheck the invert input on bump maps.
- Fixed black dot on specular materials.

Enjoy it :)
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ build 1.20.1 released

Postby tyrot » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:29 pm

tyrot Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:29 pm
Thank you for this great release!
tyrot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ThomasHelzle » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:04 pm

ThomasHelzle Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:04 pm
Cool! Thank you!!! :-)

Tom
ThomasHelzle
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby funk » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:12 am

funk Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:12 am
Thank you juanjgon. It's nice to see a number of my feature requests in this release!
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:25 pm

FrankPooleFloating Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:25 pm
Some good stuff here. Will check it out first chance!

Thanx Juanjo!
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bparke » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:20 am

bparke Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:20 am
Thanks for the update.

I'm using a 3D connexion to navigate. Is there a way to get the IPR window to auto update as I move through the scene? Right now I have to hit redraw after each move.
bparke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:40 am

juanjgon Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:40 am
bparke wrote:Thanks for the update.

I'm using a 3D connexion to navigate. Is there a way to get the IPR window to auto update as I move through the scene? Right now I have to hit redraw after each move.

In what IPR mode (camera, perspective or target)? ... in camera mode it should work, but the other two modes are not supported currently.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:02 pm

FrankPooleFloating Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:02 pm
OMFG!! Render Region kicks so much... this is so incred... I am at a loss for... :shock:

Okay. I have composed myself... Juanjo, this is quite possibly the single best feature
that you have added that went beyond SDK stuff... jesus, this is going to save some
of us a mind-boggling amount of time.. all the time.

No more waiting for a full render when you only need a chunk. Whew!

Since I have not touched LW's render region since I started using plug (for everything
as it turns out) I almost forgot how much of a time-saver it is and how much faster little
chunks render... okay yeah - now I remember!

:lol: Giddy like a little schoolgirl once again Juanjo!!! ThankYouThankYouThankYou!!!
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bparke » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:22 pm

bparke Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:22 pm
juanjgon wrote:
bparke wrote:Thanks for the update.

In what IPR mode (camera, perspective or target)? ... in camera mode it should work, but the other two modes are not supported currently.

-Juanjo

I can't seem to get to work in any mode.
bparke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:13 pm

juanjgon Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:13 pm
bparke wrote:I can't seem to get to work in any mode.

But it you click over the Layout interface and move the camera with the 3D mouse, this new camera transformation is not updated in the IPR viewport?

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Next

Return to Lightwave 3D