aov's in 2023 - imager settings

Forums: aov's in 2023 - imager settings
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

aov's in 2023 - imager settings

Postby jwfvr » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:08 am

jwfvr Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:08 am
hi - I posted this question in slack but thought it might be good to raise here too - when using output AOV's it seems like the camera imager tonemapping and other settings like exposure are disabled - exposure shows as 1 when viewing the output AOV even though its set to 3 - this is with the latest build. its the same in stand alone, so I am assuming this is not a bug - but how do I retain the imager settings while using aov's?

thanks
jwfvr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: aov's in 2023 - imager settings

Postby face_off » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:21 am

face_off Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:21 am
I am not sure, sorry. Perhaps ask this question in the Octane Standalone forum.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: aov's in 2023 - imager settings

Postby funk » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:12 pm

funk Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:12 pm
I replied on slack, but posting it here too:

The new output AOVs don't go through the imager anymore. You have to rebuild your effects with the newly available nodes. While they aren't exactly the same, you can get something pretty close once you learn how. It's also WAY more flexible. eg. you can reorder everything any way you want... or have completely different effects / tonemapping in different output AOVs

If you want to try and match what you have in the imager, you need to set up the equivalent nodes in the same order.
Imager exposure = adjust brightness
Imager vignette = add vignette
etc

The order matters. For example, exposure needs to be first, before any SDR effects like tonemapping
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Foundry Modo