aov's in 2023

Forums: aov's in 2023
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

aov's in 2023

Postby jwfvr » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:17 pm

jwfvr Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:17 pm
I am trying to figure out the aov setup in the latest version, how can I mask items for compositing? I saw a c4d tutorial from silverwing (on youtube) and he mentioned something about certain nodes currently missing from the plugin- is this the same for modo or am I blind? or is there just a new way to do it?
jwfvr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: aov's in 2023

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:27 am

face_off Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:27 am
I don't think any nodes are missing. If in doubt, check Octane Standalone and determines which nodes to use from there, and then find the equivalent node in the Octane plugin.

My guess is that you would use a cryptomatte item mask in your case (so you would need to render the Render Passes->Cryptomatte->CrytoObjectNode). Then drag the Render->OAV Output Group property to the Schematic, attach an Output AOV Group, and then Output AOV, and "Mask with cryptomatte" node. Of the Mask node, put Type="Object node", select the "Crypto Object Node render passes and "Cryptomatte pick" the object you want. You can then mask that layer against other layers.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Foundry Modo