Color Spaces for EXRs do not work as expected

Forums: Color Spaces for EXRs do not work as expected
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: Color Spaces for EXRs do not work as expected

Postby funk » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:53 pm

funk Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:53 pm
Deepwell wrote:@funk - as to your Fusion setup:
When reading in the image with the OCIO node and transforming it to sRGB that means that you then also have sRGB as your working color space - meaning that Fusion will apply all it's operations on data in that color space, which I think is not ideal. If you do that, you of course need a neutral viewer transform on an sRGB monitor - the data already is sRGB...

I personally prefer to transform the data into a linear working color space (a must in Nuke!) and apply an appropriate viewer transform, just to see the image correctly. That way all the nodes operate on linear data, which I think also in Fusion is as intended and makes dialling in values feel more natural - and also most nodes operate better on such data (keyers, filters, glows, ...). And in the end of course apply an appropriate transform when writing the data out.

Correct. I'd do the same thing normally too.

Glad you sorted it out
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Foundry Modo